Hostage

Caitlin wakes up to see a dark room. Dim lights are randomly placed on the walls. Glass and caged cells fill the center of the room. She is sitting on what appears to be an old hospital bed. Her wrist is shackled to the side rail on the bed. She looks around and notices the cells aren't empty. In the middle of the room, in a glass-looking cell, is a man with an iron mask. In the cell furthest away from her, is a face she hoped to never see again: Killer Frost.

"Well what do you know." Killer Frost says in her token icy, breathy voice. "If it isn't my doppelganger. How are ya, Caity?" A knowing smirk spreads on her face.

Caitlin rolls her eyes and turns away to look at the man in the other cell. She isn't given much time to assess him until Zoom appears in front of her. She looks down to see a metal tray of food in front of her on the bed.

"Eat." Zoom growls out.

Caitlin looks up at him, uninterested, then away to the wall. Zoom takes his mask off.

"You can eat it. You're not a prisoner here, Cait." Jay says.

Caitlin looks down at her shackled wrist and wriggles is lightly before looking back up at him.

"Insurance." He says, smiling lightly. "Until you adjust."

She takes a deep breath. He takes a step toward her, causing her to flinch back.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He says, reaching out to her. "I care about you too much."

"The only person you care about is yourself." She says flatly.

"That may have been true once." He responds. "But you'll come to see, you've changed me. I can be whatever you want me to be." He runs from the room and returns wearing jeans and a black sweater. "I can be this. Jay. I can be him for you."

Caitlin just stares at him, her face expressionless. Jay chuckles and nods.

"Alright. I'll give you time." He says, smiling softly at her. Blue lightning is all that's left as he runs out of the room. 

"And people say I'm cold." Killer Frost jokes from across the room. "You might as well give in. That side of the cell is much better than this one. That is if he decides to keep you alive if you keep rejecting him."

"Well it's not gonna stop so he can get over it." Caitlin snarks, turning away from Killer Frost.

She starts to look around the bed. She sees that it's chained to the wall. She looks around for something loose to try to pick the cuffs. The realization that she has no idea how to pick them or how to get out of here or where the hell she even is dawns on her. Even if she did and she could, he'd catch up to her before she could even voice the thought of leaving.

She gets bored trying to squeeze her hand smaller to fit it through the shackle. She unties her shoes and attempts some hack job she saw someone do with a ring stuck on their finger once. Turns out it works better with a ring and finger than a wrist and a cuff. The skin around her wrist is getting raw. Every movement threatens to make it bleed. She looks at the metal tray with stale food.

"Eat."

Caitlin looks up to see Jay standing in front of her. He sits at the end of the bed, the tray between them. He reaches for some food on it. He smiles while he eats. He offers her some and she refuses. He shrugs it off.

"Why did you bring me here?" Caitlin asks coldly.

"You asked me to." Jay says as if he's offended she doesn't remember. Caitlin scoffs. Jay looks up at her. "I know you were trying to save Barry. But, Cait, I brought you here because I love you." He reaches out to touch her face, but she flinches back. "It may take some time, but you'll realize you feel the same way."