Outnumbered

"I don't feel safe with him." Caitlin admits. "Not the way I do with you."

Jay takes a step toward her. "I told you, Cait. I warned you."

"I know." Caitlin sighs. "But Jay...I can't live this way anymore. I can't keep pretending to be the person they want me to be. They had me so convinced...I didn't even realize I was pretending."

"Why come back now?" Jay asks skeptically.

"I was so distracted, trying to rest from how hard I was trying to resist you. But I can't anymore." Caitlin steps forward. "Hunter..." She breathes out, looking longingly at him. He flinches back, surprised by her use of his real name. "I don't know what the outcome will be today. But before it's decided, I wanted you to know that I choose you. I need you."

"And Barry?" He asks, stepping toward her.

She takes a deep breath. "Will never be enough."

*********************

Three hours earlier...

"He wants to race you?" Harry asks. Barry nods.

The group has gathered in the cortex the morning after Jay made his offer.

"It makes a kinda sense." Cisco admits. "He just wants to be faster than you."

"He needs to be the best." Caitlin reminds them. "Question is, what will he do if he loses?"

"When." Barry snaps.

"When, sorry." Caitlin corrects quickly, throwing her hands up.

"I don't think it's that simple." Harry cuts in. The rest of them turn to him. "Ramon's...vision."

"Vibe." Cisco corrects.

"Vibe. Whatever." Harry rolls his eyes. "About Earth 2...I didn't think of it much until he said something but, when Mercury Labs collapsed, Dr. McGee said something had been taken before the labs went down."

"What was it?" Caitlin asks.

"A magnetar."

Caitlin and Cisco both swallow and sigh, slumping in their chairs. No one speaks.

"I'm assuming we're not talking about the dinosaur from Rugrats." Iris cuts in, hoping to diffuse the tension.

Harry rolls his eyes, but she can see a small smirk on Cisco's face. Everyone is still silent.

"Someone better tell me what this magnetar is or my mind is gonna run wild." Joe snaps.

"Let it. It can't be worse." Cisco mumbles. "A magnetar is a power amplifier. With enough power..."

"Say from the electricity generated from two speedsters." Harry adds in.

Cisco nods. "It could destroy an entire planet. Entire universe."

"Multiple." Caitlin says quietly. They all turn to her. "He said he was going to start measuring his success by the number of earths he conquered."

"When did he say this?" Harry asks.

"The day he brought me back to this earth. Before he took over CCPD."

"He doesn't want to just take over this earth." Harry sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"So, what do we do?" Joe cuts in. "How do we stop him?"

"I race him." Barry finally speaks up.

"Were you listening to anything we just said, Allen?" Harry groans.

"Yeah. I have to race him." Barry adds. "And I have to win."