BLEEDING - 13

"These-these are the morons, you're feeding. Can't even get a girl, will fu**ing fight them-" Lewis yelled through the phone."-God knows, where she is, and how she is-just cause of those two idiots."

"Stop yelling-" Clara retorted.
"-They were new recruits, in-fu**ing- experienced. I didn't know that out of nowhere, will come a man to save her damsel in fu**ing distress like a fu**ing knight." Lewis sighed and dropped down onto his armchair. For that brief moment his disheveled brown hair blew upward before resettling over his forehead.

"Save. She was safe with me, not with that-Find her-please. I want her by my side." His voice was low, breaking at the end.

"I am on it." She replied and hung up the call. Another sigh of disappointment and worry leapt his mouth. He leaned back on the chair and closed his eyes.

Away from the never ending lights of the city, on a hilltop, in the darkness of the nighttime, was a concrete house, so beautiful. It's reflective glasses were overlooking at the shadowed pine trees, standing tall as nature's crafted skyscrapers and dense network of bushes, no less than a maze.

Chloe was sitting on the floor, with her head resting on her arms, folded across the edge of the bed. Tears rolled unchecked down her cheeks, from her chin onto the marble flooring. She was too sad and tired to wail.

"I am not going to kill you" Sam said as he walked in. On hearing his voice, her watery eyes enlarged, hair on the back of her neck bristled. She jolted up and stepped back. "Atleast not until I am sure that you're, who, I think you are."

"I-I really don't know, what you're- talking about. Please let me go." She pleaded.

"I can't-let you go" Another lone tear escaped her glossy eyes. "If you aren't lying, then there is someone out there, who wants to harm you-" Her head shot up."-and I assume, they're the same people, I am searching for." He finished while she was staring at him with a perplexed expression on her face.

"Wh-why-I mean why would someone try to hurt me. I don't have enemies." This time Chloe held his gaze, it wasn't the warm friendly gaze nor was it hostile. He was simply looking at her.

"If not, then perhaps it's a lesson for you to walk away, when someone tells you to walk away." He replied, recollecting the memories of the events of the night before. She lowered her head. "Take some rest" He said and turned to walk out, when she asked something that was bothering her ever since she had woken up.

"How-did you find me ?" He stopped and looked at her, from over his shoulder.

"Come with me." He said and trudged along the floor. With trembling legs, she slowly followed him. He lead them to the living room and switched the television on.

"Till now, police couldn't figure out, who's behind the accident that took place on the Eliot Avenue tonight around 8:30 p.m." A female anchor said, drone images and videos of a van being chased by a car, inturn being chased by police vehicles popped up on the screen.

"Police said that accident occured when the Van driver turned right from Eliot Avenue to Metropolitan Avenue. He turned in the path of the cars heading north, resulting in the collisions." Chloe's hand instinctively flew to her mouth, to hide any noise that wanted to escape her mouth. "Police officers lost them, when helping the victims."

"Fifteen people were reported severely in...." Sam switched off the tv. "That's enough." He said.

"No, no it's not, all those people are hurt-cause of me. Let me see" She said, her voice was filled with tremors.

"We can discuss that later meanwhile help yourself" He said and pointed at the kitchen at far right, She bit her lower lip and blinked several times to prevent herself from breaking down.

"Can I call my parents, please. They-they'd be worried. They might have seen the news." Sam inhaled a deep breath and held his phone out, infront of her. She grabbed it and dialled the number.

"Put it on the speaker." He said. She nodded.

"Hello" Steven said. He sounded worried and sad, indicating at the credibility of Chloe's words.

"Dad" she voiced.

"Princess-princess that's you. Are you okay ? Why didn't you pick up our call. Your mom and I were so worried. Still are."

"I'm-I'm okay dad. Don't worry. I just lost my phone." She lied, shutting her eyes tightly. It was for the first time she had lied to them. Before, it wasn't ever needed but tonight it was, for their sanity.

"Baby. We saw the news, it's not far away from your place, Are you seriously okay ? Asked, Natalie.

"Yea-yeahh mom. I am okay. I wasn't there." She replied. She looked up at Sam, who had his gaze fixed on the phone. "Mom, dad, don't stress. I am okay. I'll call you later and I love you."

"Take care, honey. Love you too." They said and she ended the call.

"Do you believe me now ? I really don't know whatever is going on here." She said to him. Without uttering another word, Sam stepped away, towards another room at the other end. She sighed and walked back in the room.

Sam, tapped on the sink. Water gushed out. He splashed water on his face. Once. Twice. Thrice. Breathing heavily, he stopped. He was having a tough time contemplating what to believe, her words or his thoughts.

He looked himself in the silver framed mirror, it's glass was splotched with water at some places. The mirror showed him blurry image of a man, tough and strong, the man, that world saw. No one could see the pain and guilt he hid underneath.

He was feeling so conflicted. He ran fingers over the mirror, and cleared his view. He just stood like that, thinking about everything that Markus had said, every word of her parents and about her silvery tears, begging him to believe her.

"At this moment, I don't know what is right and what is wrong. But, if she is right, if she is innocent, then I'll protect her no matter what. I won't let another soul die."

______________________________________

Hope you liked this Chapter . If yes please vote and share your views in the comments .

Stay happy
Stay healthy
Stay tuned !!