Chapter 15A: Infinite possibilities

-20 minutes later-

Arnec found Infinite "Hey!" He yelled.
"Oh great... Another one... How many must I fight?" Infinite groaned. Arnec swapped his tranq-blade for a real one. "You fought my brother... Now you'll fight me..."
"So be it... Prepare for a beating you won't forget!" Infinite yelled as he turned and slung an illusion cube at Arnec. Arnec spun to his right and dodged it. He smiled "A true warrior would charge..."
"Then why don't you?"
"Touche..." Arnec said smiling as he charged at Infinite. Infinite went for a clothesline but Arnec ducked and tackled him. Arnec grabbed the phantom ruby and went to rip it off of Infinite but was shoved off "I shoulda known you'd want MY power... Too bad... For it's not yours..."
Arnec smirked. He jumped onto a wall and ran across it towards Infinite. He threw more cubes, which Arnec dodged and sliced them all. Arnec jumped and dropkicked Infinite. Infinite landed on the ground with a large thud. He flew back up though "You thought that'd work? Pff... Weakling..." Arnec launched a grapple hook above Infinite's head onto a sky bridge above them, connecting two buildings "Miss..." Infinite said cockily. Arnec smiled "What'd my brother say? I don't miss, mate..." He said as he yanked on the cord, causing the skybridge to collapse. It fell and hit Infinite, Knocking him onto the ground. He groaned but before he could say anything the buildings above started to collapse. Arnec quickly ran and scooped Infinite into his arms and got him out of there. He returned to Spiral hill Fortress and carried Infinite in.
He went down to the lab and sat him on one of the tables. Tails looked over "What the- did you...?" Arnec smiled "yep... Could we... Turn him good?"
"Turn Infinite good? I mean... Possibly...
Dr. Starline? Could you come here?"
"Give me a second." Dr Starline said as he walked over "...What is it?"
"Arnec's wondering if we could turn Infinite good... Does the Phantom ruby control his mind?"
"Of course..."
"What if we got rid of it's influence?"
"He'd lose all his memories... The Phantom ruby, when used like this... Uses the user's memories to work. Hence why your friend used it to wipe that sun out and it did nothing to him..."
"Gadget? Oh... So if we remove it... He won't remember ANYTHING?"
"Only the basics like walking and talking, etc etc... I could of course extract the memories first though... It is a very dangerous operation however..."
"Could you help me do that?"
"Yeah... Just... Try not to interfere too much... Don't want this kind of operation to be botched..."
Tails looked up at Arnec "Might wanna get some sleep."
"Trust me... I already planned to..."
"Heh heh..."
Arnec went upstairs and laid in the bed, doing his best to not wake Tangle up... He wrapped his arms around her and fell asleep...