Chapter 15B: Battle on the coastline

A/N: Gonna say it... This is my longest chapter I've ever written. But oh man was it fun! And... It took me forever... Yikes... Also, I guarantee no one knows what the header image is from...

A few hours later, Darkstrive was at Resistance HQ. The door opened and someone who looked similar to him walked through. Darkstrive Looked at him, in shock
"Mistral... It's really you..."
"Yeah... How long has it been?"
"Longer than I'd like..."
"Same... But Darkstrive... Don't become our father... He let his mind slip... Don't let yours... I did that once... The regret still stings, like venom, through my veins."
"I won't..."
"Promise?" Mistral asked. Darkstrive smiled as he took his brother's hand "Promise."
Eternal then walked in "I interrupt a loving moment?"
"Nah... Just... Just needed some motivation, is all." Darkstrive responded.
"Well, we're about to start the briefing. Tails, start the broadcast, I want everyone to know where they're going."
"On it!"
"Alright... This is Eternal... Judgement Day had arrived... When I look out that window, I see the bravest of people, united to fight for the same cause... Scrapman made a wreck of our world, and we're here to prevent history from repeating. No more unsung wars! Scrapman is an enemy stronger than any Mobius has given... But we have not forgotten about the Zombot virus, or Eggman. And here is our plan, so everyone needs to pay attention... A two prong assault... Darkstrive, you'll bring a large portion and assault the coastal facility and the fleet located there, Eggman is there... And that's where we'll use the cure. Here's a map, there's a radar facility and some artillery guns..."
"Roger." Darkstrive responded, Mistral beside him. Whisper sighed "Last time one of my friends went to destroy a coastal facility... They never came back..." Whisper said, gripping her Wispon tightly. Darkstrive smirked "Don't worry, us... We can do it."
"Rouge, Shadow, go to Space port and capture us some star cruisers, Galm and Gryphus squadrons, provide CAS (Close Air Support), they'll need it. After that, we'll move in some of our captains to take them over. They'll provide fire support while the 94th Lareshian Fighter-bomber squadron will assist with the enemy fleet. Mistral, we'll have you lead the forces near the artillery guns. You'll have the Shinjin warriors as a support element. Diamond Cutters, you'll provide chopper support, raining fire from the skies. Punisher squad, you will work on that radar facility, by the artillery guns. Mighty, Ray, you'll be coming with me along with the Ventes de liberté. Bomb and Heavy, you guys will help take out their tank unit alongside team Chaotix and the Desert Raiders. Underground, you'll be on support, keep our morale high. Raiden, get Metal Gear Rex and wreck havoc with Denesetsu (Raiden from my original Agris series, he'll appear in the reboot, but Metal Gear Rex won't, due to me actually wanting to be creative with the reboot). After Eggman and Scrapman are defeated, I'll use Arnec's blood as a cure, injecting it into the atmosphere. Anyone else can go where they'll be most suited. Alright... Today's the day... Operation: Freedom is a go!" Eternal said before leaving the building.

-A few hours later-

Darkstrive and Mistral stood on a cliff, they could see the giant facility. "What do you see?"
"A lot of targets... We'll get it done though..."
"Indeed..."
"You know much about Scrapman, like personally?"
"No... Never got close... Carnage though..."
"Yeah, he's always been close..."
"Eternal will take care of him though."
"Tss... Eternal can do anything apparently."
"Yeah... Him and Katie are good friends too."
"Mistral..."
"Hmm?"
"Get your head out of the gutter."
"What? You ever thought about settling down? Working with Scrapman, I always felt something was missing..."
"Mistral... I don't need love."
"If that's what you think, then that's what you think... But after this... I'm settling down... Might start a family."
"Sigh... I'll think about it. But right now, we need to stay on mission..." Darkstrive said as he examined the facility. He got onto the radio "Team Dark, you got our ships yet?"
"We've got them... The fleet is headed your way, alongside our air assets." Shadow responded. They then heard a voice similar to Shadow's, but sounding like a younger brother almost
"This is Galm squadron, we have entered the AO, and brought some friends!" Galm one said as Darkstrive looked up. He saw the F-15SX's (Spoilers for Aces, lol.) Fly over, alongside some Su-35's, most likely Gryphus squadron. He saw muiltiple other aircraft, alongside the fleet of star cruisers.
"This is Darkstrive... I'm not the type for big speeches, but you all know what you're doing... So, let's get this done..."
"Galm 1 rogers! Everyone, engage!" Galm one yelled. Darkstrive saw the trails of shells coming from the Resistance ships hitting the egg fleet, alongside the aircraft.
"This is the 94th Lareshian Fighter-bomber squadron, we're engaging!"
Darkstrive looked at the soldiers behind him "Alright, let's go... Mistral?"
"I'm ready... Alright, those striking the Radar facility... With me..." He said as several soldiers got up and followed him. Darkstrive looked at the remaining ones "You all, with me..." He said before rushing down the cliff side, several helicopters roared overhead "Morpho, ready to engage!"
"Pequod, on station and ready!"
"This is the Diamond Cutters... Need some support? We got it!"
"Diamond Dogs are ready..."
Darkstrive thought to himself "Why does the Diamond Dogs leader sound like the Diamond Cutters' leader?"
He got to a wall, blocking the artillery guns vision. He peeked around the wall and saw the entrance. He snuck to the door and looked inside; Nothing... Morpho swung around the building "Morpho here, I'm not seeing anything..."
"Perfect... Alright... Go in, check your corners... I don't wanna clean up the mess." Darkstrive said as he looked at the others. They slowly ventured inside, peeking slowly around each corner. Darkstrive looked down in the ground and saw one of the robots. "thing's in pieces... How I like it." He said, smirking, as he walked up to a desk, blockaded by a glass window. Probably an office. He punched through the glass and pressed a button, opening a door on the far side of the room. There was an elevator... "A third of you need to stay down here, case of any counter attacks... Rest, with me!" He said before stepping on the elevator. Several other soldiers stepped on with him. As it went up one of the soldiers hummed quietly to himself. Another looked over at him "Dude, are you seriously humming the Halo theme?" He asked. Darkstrive rolled his eyes as the elevator stopped. They stepped out, being cautious and having their guns ready. There was a console and it lit up as Darkstrive approached it. He shut off the radar and smirked "That was way too easy, something's got to be up..." He then saw something on the water.
Suddenly something came out of it... They then heard Nicole on the radio
"Supership X-CARRIER spotted!"
Everyone looked over and saw it... A large aircraft carrier, two flight decks, one on each side of the bridge. Darkstrive then heard a familiar voice
"This is Mistral... We have the guns!"
Darkstrive looked out the window and sure enough, the guns had been taken. Darkstrive smiled as he got on the radio
"Fire the artillery guns!" He yelled. He saw the barrels of the guns move into position before firing. The shells flew and struck the X-CARRIER, doing little, due to the forcefield protecting against large objects. Galm and Gryphus squadrons did a low pass, launching several missiles. They all hit, and did some decent damage too. Another helicopter was on the horizon. Darkstrive heard Arnec on the radio "Sorry I'm a bit late, we brought the heavy weapons!" He said as the helicopter was in full view. Darkstrive grabbed a pair of binoculars and examined the helicopter. It was more armored, and had a rapid fire grenade launcher. It flew in a circle around the ship, Arnec blasting it with the grenade launcher as Galm/Gryphus squadron drew it's fire. Arnec hit the side of the ship and part of the hull exploded.
"Supership X-CARRIER heavily damaged! Arnec, Eggman is on that ship!" Nicole yelled. Arnec jumped onto the deck and drew his sword. He then saw a mech step out of the aircraft elevator. It looked like a bird, although it's wings were pointing backwards (Looks similar to Metal Gear Ray, here's a photo, to give you an idea):