Chapter 21A: Prelude

The next day Arnec was in his room. He was putting on a belt for his sheath. He grabbed the sword Razgriz made for him and ran his prosthetic hand over the edge of the blade. He smiled as he sheathed it behind his back. He looked back at Tangle "Alright... It's time..." He said as he walked up to Tangle. Tangle smiled "yep... Few months ago I was a Zombot and didn't even know who you were... Now... We'll be fightin by each other's sides... Can't wait..."
"It'd be an honor... Being honest, I don't know if I'm ready... It'll be a big battle..."
"But, You've fought several times before!"
"Yeah... But not on this level... I'm just a bit nervous... It won't effect me in battle... I promise..." Arnec said smiling as he hugged Tangle. "Tangle..."
"Hmm?"
Arnec looked down at his prosthetic arm "I'm going to make sure what happened to me will never happen to you or anyone else..." He said, rubbing his real hand through Tangle's hair. Tangle smiled "Quit worrying over everything... You'll give yourself an ulcer." She said laughing a little. Arnec smiled as they pulled out of the hug. He made sure his armor was on good one last time and they set off for imperial tower along with the rest of the resistance.

-1 hour later-

They stood on a ridge overlooking imperial tower. They could see Eggman's army below. Sonic approached them "you know where Tails is?" He asked Arnec. Arnec shook his head. They then heard a jet engine. They looked up and saw a fighter jet hovering over them, it's wings in an X shape. They then heard Tails "Hyper-Tornado ready!" He yelled happily.
(Yes, it's the Hyper-Tornado, not the X-Tornado.)
Sonic chuckled before looking back at Arnec
"Man... Even I can't believe we're doing this... Before we met, the future was uncertain... But now..."
Arnec smiled and put his hand on Sonic's shoulder "Well, neither can I. I always wanted to be a hero, and now I am. Now, you want to do the honors?"
"What honors?"
"Giving the final speech, of course." Arnec replied. Sonic nodded and took a breath.

"Alright everyone... We know the stakes... We fail, we might not get another chance for a cure... We HAVE to succeed. And we will! For we are together strong! As long as we stand together nothing can beat us! Inside of us all is a spark, a reason to fight! So let's fight! Let's give old egghead the beatin he's been yearning for! For Mobius!" Sonic said triumphantly.

Amy: That's my Sonic!

Tails: We got ya buddy!

Shadow: Let's get to it.

Omega: Shield system online.

Rouge (quietly): Agent Rouge, ready.

Razgriz: Let's kick some clacka!

Relic: Let's not get too hurt...

Knuckles: Ready!

Jewel: just be careful...

Whisper: Ready.

Silver: Ready to have some fun!

Blaze: There'll be nothing left to clean up.

Medic: let's do it.

Tangle: let's go!

Arnec: Alright... I'm ready...

Sonic smiled "Then it's time... Like Arnec said... We're taking back what's right! Everyone... Let's go!" He yelled.

A/N: I know it took me a while to update this but I'm having the battle be a separate chapter. That's so that I can have this chapter out while I work on the battle. Also it's pretty crazy (the ideas anyways) so it's already been split into 3 different chapters due to scale. Anyways here you go. And yes the B version of this is still happening. Just finishing the A version. Then I'll work on the B version while working on a possible sequel. More on that later.