Fifty-Five

"How many pairs of sweatpants do y-you own? You wear them all the time." I chuckle as Stanley dries his hair off. He stands there shirtless.

"A lot. They're comfortable okay?" He giggles. "They also show the outline of your-" "Stop being a pervert Richie," Jane giggles. "I'm gonna go home. I'll see you tomorrow." She kisses Richie's forehead gently before leaving.

"She's great." "Yeah," Eddie mumbles walking away quickly. "What's wrong with him?" Beverly creases her brows before heading towards him, I follow after.

I knock gently. "E-Eddie? Can we come in?" "No..." he sniffles. "Are you crying?" Beverly sighs as he opens the door quickly.

"No need to make it an announcement." He pulls us into the room quickly. "Why are you crying, hun?" She sighs wiping the tears from his red cheeks. "Because."

"Eddie that's no good reason." I purse my lips together, my brows furrow. "Tell us what's wrong." She hugs him gently as he begins to cry harder.

"I dated you f-for a while. I can t-tell when you're not okay." I hug him gently, the tears soaking through my shirt.

"Do we have to talk about it?" He sniffles sitting on the edge of the bed. It creaks ever so slightly.

"Yes, we do," Beverly says firmly. "It's about Richie..." He mumbles trying not to make eye contact. "Are you jea-"

"Of course I'm fucking jealous Bill! Everyone has found someone to love except me and I missed my chance! I fucking missed it!" He raises his voice.

"What d-do you mean...I haven't." I furrow my brows. "Yes, you have. You have fucking Stanley. You have Ben, Richie has Jane and Mike has some girl form a coffee shop." He puts his hands through his hair.

"S-Stan and I-" Eddie groans loudly before slamming the door. Another door slams as he leaves.

"What's his problem?" Richie furrows his brows as he opens the door gently. "Just stressed out..." I shrug walking past him.

—Richie'a POV

Once hearing the door close I follow the two. I press my ear against the door slightly, listening to Eddie cry.

"It's about Richie..." He mumbles "Are you jea-" he interrupts Bill quickly.

"Of course I'm fucking jealous Bill! Everyone has found someone to love except me and I missed my chance! I fucking missed it!" He raises his voice.

A minute later I hear him get up and open the door. "Hiya Eds," I say softly not trying to make the situation worse.

"Oh fuck off Richie." He mumbles walking past me.

"Just stressed out..." Bill walks past me Beverly smiles gently.

Fucking liars.