CHAPTER 37: Angel Down

I am woken up by the sound of my phone ringing. I open my sleep filled eyes and sit up, rubbing my eyes with the ball of my hands. I clear my throat before reaching over to answer the phone.

"Hello?" I am trying to make my voice sound as clear as possible.

"Hi Rosanna!" I hear my mother's perkey voice come from the other end, along with some commotion in the background.

"Hi mom," I say back with a sigh, stretching my arms before throwing my head back into my pillow. "What's all the noise in the back?" I ask.

"Everyone's here, we're just hanging out wondering what time you think you'll be in?" she asks, making my heart sink to my stomach. My head shoots back up and I fling myself out of bed, waking Stevie in the process. I completely forgot about my flight today. I put my mom on speaker and check the time. If I hurried, I would make it to the airport with only seconds to kill.

"Oh, I'm just waiting to board," I lie right through my teeth. I rushed over to my closet, grabbing anything I could find and shoving it in my suitcase.

"Okay, well just let me know and I will come get you," she tells me.

"Alright I'll let you know, I have to go though. Bye," I respond quickly before ending the call and throwing my phone back onto my bed. I finish tossing random clothes in the suitcase in hopes that I could get at least one good outfit out of it, and I rush to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and throw my makeup into a bag. I spit my toothpaste out and clean my toothbrush off before throwing it in the bag and zipping it up. I run back to my suitcase and throw the bag in before zipping that up as well. I grab my backpack out of the closet and throw in onto my bed, grabbing my sketchbook and laptop tossing them in. I make sure to grab pencils and my chargers before zipping the bag up and setting it next to my suitcase. I throw on the clothes I laid out and fill stevies food and water one more time before heading to the kitchen. I grab a piece of paper and start writing down everything Jo needs to know when she stays here to watch stevie. I set it on the kitchen table and rushed out the door. I lock it behind me, leaving an extra in the plant next to my door.

I skip taking the elevator and go straight for the stairs. I practically fly down them and run straight out the lobby doors, grabbing the first taxi I could find.

"LAX please," I tell him quickly and he nods, starting to drive off. I breath heavily in the back of the car, trying my best to catch my breath. I don't think I have ever moved so fast in my life, but I was proud of it. I wasn't too proud of how out of shape I was. I definitely need to start running again.

Just as I caught my breath, I felt my phone ring again. I look down at it and feel a smile creep onto my face.

"Hi," I say softly into the phone.

"Rosie Clark, how are you this fine morning?" Harry asks in a cheerful voice, quickly making my mood a little better.

"Well, besides the fact that I could possibly miss my flight back home if I don't get there in the next ten minutes, I guess alright," I tell him. I feel the car speed pick up and I mouth 'thank you' to the cab driver who tips his hat to me with a smile spread across his face.

"You really need to get better with your time management, you know that?" he asks me almost like he's lecturing me. I roll my eyes at his comment.

"Wow thank you so much mister I'm so perfect," I responded sarcastically.

"Hey, I never said I was the perfect one in this friendship," he tells me in defense, which makes me giggle. "When do you think you'll be in today?" he asks.

"Um, m'not sure. Maybe around three?" I say as I stare out the window, taking all the beautiful california views like it's my first time. "Why?"

"No reason, can you just do something for me?" he asks, making my stomach turn.