CHAPTER 42: Songs For Dads

yes, this is an album name I know, but there is just one song and it says when to play it. I highly suggest you check out the album though, it is soooo freaking good!!!

okay enjoy this chapter, low-key sad but I think it's also wholesome- kinda of. 

>>

I was rudely woken by the sound of my alarm clock. I groan and sit up, reaching over to my nightstand to hit snooze. I roll over to see Harry's sleepy body next to me. His hair is messy and his lips are parted for him to breath. I smile at the sight, feeling lucky enough to wake up next to this whenever I want. In my whole life, I would've never imagined myself waking up next to Harry freaking Styles. But here I am, inches away front his body and I just want to be as close to him as possible.

I scoot my body closer to him and cuddle myself into his chest. I tilt my head to look up to his face and I can see I've woken him up by the smirk that forms on his face along with the deep breath that comes with it. I bring my hand up to his face and trail it up to his hair, tangling my fingers in it lightly. He hums at the feeling and brings his hands down to wrap around my back and pull me even closer to him.

"Good morning Rosie May," he says, sleep filling his voice making it raspier than usual. I smile as his eyes open quickly and close again, followed by a heavy breath. I let out a sign and pushed my head up towards him and quickly pecked his lips. His eyes open back up in surprise.

"Don't fall back asleep on me now," I tell him with a smile. He smiles back and brings one hand off my back to start stroking the back of my hair. I lay my head in the space of his neck and kiss it lightly. I rest my forehead against him and close my eyes, attempting to go back to sleep.

"You can't fall back to sleep," he tells me quickly.

"Why is that?" I ask, not moving my positioning.

"You have work, remember?" he says to me softly.

Suddenly my alarm clock goes off again. I open my eyes to see I am alone in my bed once again and I sign at the thought that I only get to dream about Harry now. I run my hand over the place where he once slept before sitting up in my bed and standing up, Stevie following behind. I walk to my closet and grab my work T-shirt and some Black jeans to go with it. I throw those on and walk to the bathroom to quickly wash my face and brush my teeth. I decide not to put on any makeup because I knew I would just sweat it off from how hot it was in the kitchen. I throw my hair up and walk back over to my bed, grabbing my phone. I look at it to see I received a text from Harry.

From Harry: Good morning! Have a good day at work. Missing you a little extra today:)

I smile at the message and open it, thinking of how to respond. I start typing whatever pops into my head.

To Harry: Good Morning, had a dream about you last night.

Are you fucking kidding me Rosie, you can't tell him you're having dreams about him. He'll think you're a freak or something.

To Harry: Good Morning(: I will. talk later?

I send it and put my phone in my pocket before walking over to the counter and refilling stevie's food and water bowls and setting them back on the ground. I turn and grab my key from the rack and turn back to stevie.

"I'll be back at 4, jolene will be here later to let you out so please don't pee on the floor" I beg her before walking out the door and locking it behind me.

Jolene was the girl who lived across from me. She was a divorced woman in her late 40s. Her husband divorced her to be with a sugar baby, but she hated him anyways so she didn't care as much. She is a very independent woman who loved doing things her way and no other way. Jolene was the type of mother you always wanted. She was like a mother and a best friend and a therapist all in one. You could tell her anything you wanted and she would never tell a soul. She was so trustworthy. She had recently got back from a work trip in Tokyo so I invited her over for dinner. She told me all about her trip and all the fine young men she met. She even told me she got a lot of their numbers for me, but I politely declined them. She continued to ask me why and that is when I told her everything about Harry. From the music video to thanksgiving, it was as if she never left and she was by my side the whole time. She didn't believe me at first, so I showed her all the texts and photos of us.