CHAPTER 54: Crazy Love

okay, so there is a part in this chapter where I ask you to write your own part of the story because I wanna see what you guys can come up with. I just really want you to also make the story your own so you can really enjoy the song and feel the moment to make it a little cooler I guess. I don't know, I just really advise you to try it(:

I take one last look in the mirror at my outfit to make sure it looks at least halfway decent. I had thrown on a white knitted tank top and a red patterned skirt.

I packed a bag that had my sketchbook in it and some watercolor

I packed a bag that had my sketchbook in it and some watercolor. Harry told me we would be hanging outside so I might as well bring some things that everyone could do. I grabbed my bag and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a bagel, opening it, and put it in the toaster as I waited for Charlie to arrive.

At dinner after Harry's house, Charlie asked me a lot about my art.

"What do you want to do with your life?" he asks, catching me by surprise. I finish chewing my food before answering.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused, wiping my mouth with my nakin. He takes another bite of his pizza.

"If you had the opportunity to change your career, would you keep the one you had now or would you do something else?" He rephrases his question to make me understand more. I sit for a second thinking about the question. I really do like my job, but I can't help but feel that if I did something else, I would feel a lot more satisfied with myself.

"I don't know, probably do something else?" I answer a little unsure but hide it with a sound of confidence.

"And what would you do instead?" He asked. I sigh at the questions he's asking. I didn't have to put much effort into thinking about it though.

"I love teaching so much and I'm so happy I got my teaching degree," I start, "but, if I could go back, I would have applied to New York School of the Arts."

"Why didn't you?"

"When my dad passed, I fell out of my love for art." I confess. "I felt like I needed to take on what was unfinished from my dad and that was teaching. I got into poetry and writing because of him, so when he was gone, it was the only thing I had left of him." I stare down at my pizza as I rest my head in my hands. I take a deep breath in before finishing my thought. "When I first started teaching, I had so much fun, but there was always a part of me that wanted something else. Something more."

"You wanted to live your own dream instead of your dad's, but you thought that was selfish," Charlie says, reading my mind exactly. I turn my head up quickly to look at him. His face was covered with a small smirk, knowing he was right. I nod my head slowly and he does the same back, looking down at his plate before setting his pizza crust on it.

"Ro," he starts, turning his head back up to me, "It's not selfish of you to want something different from what your father did. It's what makes you you." he reaches over and rests his hand on top of mind that was on the table. I smile at his sweet gesture, avoiding eye contact and instead looking at the plate in front of me.