We busied ourselves in the dreams of marriage...

It might take a minute extra but read it.

How true this is...we have busied ourselves with the thoughts of marriage and a spouse so much so that we forgot other acts of rewards.
Yes...its also true that marriage is a sunnah...it completes half of our Deen but what about the rest half ???
Can we leave it?
We spend most of our time Day- dreaming and night- thinking about our future spouse ,how we are going to "pray with them, smile at them, read the Quran with them.,how pious they might be...how simple our marriage would be,which surah will be "her" mahr and how would we comb "his" beard (!!!)etc,etc..."
But how many times a day do we think about how we are going to stay awake for qiyaam...to beg forgiveness from Allah subhanahuwataala, how much we would ponder upon the Quran, how much money we can give in sadaqah,what can we do to improve our knowledge and ways to give dawah...what can we do to establish a reformed islamic society with our good conduct and behaviour...how can we serve our Ummah..how can we help the opressed brothers and sisters from our Ummah...
There are maaaaanyyy things apart from marriage that can gather an immense reward.
But we , as a muslim youth have engaged ourselves in an everlasting imagination and fantacy of getting married that we barely or not totally think about other acts of reward.
Yes, getting married with a righteous person is really a great blessing and there's   nothing wrong in praying for it.
But its thought shouldn't completely consume us.We should keep in mind that marriage is " nisful Deen" ...not complete Deen....and we have to work for the rest half..by keeping aside the excessive fantacies of the former half.