The Bookworms Tale

Writing gave her a shoulder to cry with words. To spill her story, her pain on the paper, weaving an exotic poem of courage, loss,sacrifice, mistakes and the love she could never attain. The tale echoing akin to the cry of a dove caged behind rusted bars. A tale of struggle and yearning for freedom.

But reading...Reading was an escape for her. A door, a gateway from the suffocating misery called life, towards her own little heaven. An exit from the sorrow, dreads, and fears....to a world so dear to her.

She'd open the cover of the books, and loose herself in the webs of those words. Words..that ignited her torn spirit. She'd loose herself only to find herself back in the tales of anonymity. In the non existence people who came to life within the magical covers of fables. She'd see herself in the characters living those fancied words,rather see them in herself !
She'd love and live them, the ones who faught their demons with courage and grace. She'd celebrate the joys and merriments of life. She'd sob on their sorrows and guilts. She'd shiver when they felt fear creeping on their skin. She'd feel enraged whenever they were wronged. She'd do everything that her life never allowed her to....
She'd climb the mountains frosted with snow, swim across oceans with raging tides, sail through giant wooden ships, She'd perch atop the woods and sit along with wolves and jaguars, gazing at the moon. She'd fight with swords and arrows, aim with the daggers and conquer the battlefield unharmed.,like an unbeatable warrior. She'd unveil the wicked ones, ruin their plots and resolve the mysteries saving the kingdoms.
She'd blush like a teenager, smile like a fool, and fall in love most unexpectedly, hopelessly romantic one in that !!! She'd feel the warmth , the butterflies and adrenaline rush for someone whom she had never seen, but felt around her when she read him...Her heart would jump, race, break and melt at the same time.,taking her to the voyages of emotional rollercoasters. Smiling with tears. Anticipation with desperation.
Crying with voids in her heart, for once breaking the shackles and escaping the cage.....Daring to "feel", being brave enough to accept her feelings and then with a deep sigh ending her junkets within the folds of papers smelling like woods, and sea and musk mallows, and wild yarrows...and Home....she'd close the cover turning back to the reality, with a last glance of melancholy at her own little heaven.,with a newfound sense to hold on, to hope, to live.

--- A piece of my heart ❤