The Dance

TW: Toxic Relationship

Virgil's POV

Remus had to leave town for something so Janus and I are going to the dance together. We are supposed to wear mask and make it like a masquerade along with keeping the past alive since this is to celebrate the school being here for 50 years.

I got a dress since Janus insisted on it. A lot. He picked it out for me. Its yellow and stops above my knees a couple inches, which I despise. I can't bend over without showing my ass! He won't let me wear tights either or my jacket but he was upset when I rejected his outfit in the first place. The dress is short sleeved and has some black on it, it's on the top and fades into yellow as it goes down. I then have high heel ankle boots that are black.

Janus smiles as he sees me and kisses me, "Your absolutely beautiful."

I blush, "Thanks."

Janus is wearing a black and yellow suit. He has a yellow flower in his pocket. I grab my purse which is black and Janus insisted on me bringing. We hope that no one will tell Remus about this even though we have masks.

I have a black mask with yellow gems while Janus has a black mask with scales on one side. We get in his father's car and go to the dance.

Once inside I notice that there are few people here yet. Janus looks around, "The decorations look lovely."

I look up at him, "Your sarcasm has gotten better."

"Thanks Sweetheart." He kisses me and I notice more people come in. I grab his hand and we go to the food table.

Patton is there wearing a baby blue dress with a white and blue mask. The blue is the base color with the white looking like clouds. His dress goes a little under his knees and he has blue shoes on. I know its him since that's his favorite dress. We both ignore each other as we look at the food.

Janus gets a phone call and excuses himself, leaving us alone. I put some food on my plate.

Patton speaks up, "Your wearing a dress."

I look at him and take a second to speak, "Janus insisted I wear this outfit. He uh, really likes when I wear what he wants."

"Do you wanna wear that? You don't even have your jacket and it's cold outside"

"I... He didn't want me to wear it. I tried to but it made him upset. But that doesn't matter. When he is happy I am happy."

Patton looks at me concerned, "Virgil, he is manipulating you."

"What? No! Geez Patton."

"What else has he told you? What else does he want you to do?"

"Its nothing like that."

"Does he tell you that you love him? Does he tell you how to feel?"

I freeze and get choked up. Roman comes over wearing a red and white suit with a red and white mask. His mask is white with red doodle lines.

"Patton, Logan and I are- Oh it's you." He sounds annoyed. "What are you wearing?"

I go to answer when I feel someone put a hand on my lower back, I freeze and I think Patton noticed.