This is Halloween

Virgil's POV

I finish dressing up in my vampire costume. All I have to do is put in my fangs which are hard to get on correctly since the glue isn't properly working. After struggling for about five minutes, I finally manage to get them in and to stay in.

I get a text and grab my phone, I smile seeing that its Logan.

Logan: I am leaving my house. I will pick you up soon and we can meet the other two at the school for Ms. Kim's event.

Virgil: Ok. Be careful and see you soon.

I put my phone into my pocket and head downstairs. Remy left yesterday afternoon with Emile so I'm home alone again. I space out for a few minutes, a car horn snaps me out of my trance. I leave the house, lock the door behind me, and get in the car next to Logan.

I love when he drives since he is so focused and attractive. He has his hair messy, a lab coat on with fake blood, goggles on, and a tie, collar, and black pants on, with a pair of black dress shoes.

I turn on the radio and its playing This is Halloween which I end up singing. Logan smiles as he joins in. I love getting this side of him when he is relaxed and allows himself to have some fun.

We arrive at the school and leave his car. We see Patton who is wearing a white dress with gems on it that goes to his knees, golden high heel straps, a halo and wings. Roman is next to him with a torn up football outfit and fake blood on him.

We walk over and they greet us. Then we get ready to have some fun for when everyone arrives.

The event is simple, kids/teenagers come here to either go to the maze, carve pumpkins, get their faces painted, get scared, or just get some candy that is being passed out. The weather is perfect. Kind of chilly but not freezing, windy but not too windy that everything is getting blown away, and the smell of fall and caramel apples (Ms. Kim made them and they smell so good) in the air.

Logan taps me on the shoulder and I look at him. He seems to have been trying to get my attention.

"Sorry, what," I ask.

Logan answers, "Ms. Kim wants you on the face painting station. You can scare people when another student comes to take your place."

I nod and head over to the tables where paint is laid out. I sit down and soon kids are coming. Most go to other students who are wearing cute and non scary costumes which I'm fine with. But one little girl comes to me.

She has long black hair, green eyes, wearing a ladybug outfit, and looks to be around eight. She smiles at me brightly.

I smile a little, "What would you like?"

She hums as she looks at the options that are on the paper. "Ummm...."

"Take your time. And if you want something not on the paper then I will do it."

She perks up, "Give me something scary! Like a spider. Or a ghost!"

"How about a spider ghost?"

She nods enthusiastically.

I grab some paint and start painting on her cheek. She is ticklish and giggles a lot.

I chuckle, "Does it tickle?"

"Yeah! Oh, can I paint your face?"

"I have face paint already on. But maybe my arm...?"

"Yes!"

Once I finish painting her face she looks in the hand held mirror, "I love it! Can I paint your arm now?"

I remove the cloak and undo my shirt. I set them on the back of the seat carefully and now I'm only in a white tank top that unfortunately hugs my body. I give the girl my arm.

"What do you want Mr. Vampire?"

"Uh... Surprise me." I smile.

She nods and grabs some paint as I look away, her orders.

Logan's POV

Roman says, "So we gonna let her paint him or we gonna tell him that he can leave the station now?"

We all may or may not be watching Virgil interact with the kids. All of them avoided him except for the little girl in a ladybug costume.

Patton says, "Let him have fun. He isn't a kid person and this is a new side of him I have never seen. Like ever!"

I smile and watch as he looks at his arm and ruffles the girl's hair gently. Her mom comes though and they have to leave.

Roman nudges me, "Look like he is keeping the paint on. You get to see him in a tank top~"

I blush, "Do not act childish. I am going to talk to him."

Virgil's POV

I'm sad to see the little girl go. She was sweet. She painted a bloody unicorn and dead fairy on my arm. I don't want to wash it off yet so I let it dry.

Logan sits down across from me with a blush on his face, "You have a sweet spot for kids."

"Nah, just her. She was sweet and didn't act annoying."

He nods and I notice his gaze go to my shirt. I blush, "Um... Need something?"

"I just uh... Wanted to inform you that you can go scare the kids now."

I nod and smile. Once the paint on my arm is dry I get my clothes back on completely. "Let's go scare some kids!"

I jump up and run to the maze.

I love scaring people.