Planning Remy's Birthday

Virgil's POV

Logan informed Roman and Patton of my dream last night. Roman was more angry than I thought he would be and Patton was upset. I hid in the bathroom till they calmed down.

Since Patton's parents can't pick him up yet, Roman decided to stay longer. Logan doesn't mind and Remy doesn't get off work till a little after noon. Yeah Logan can drive us home but we actually don't want to leave.

I check my phone and smile, "Patton I got the cake approved."

Patton smiled, "That's great kiddo! I can't wait to see Remy's face."

Logan asks, "What cake?"

I answer, "Oh, Remy's birthday is in a few days. I got a order in for a chocolate cake that is shaped like a Starbucks cup. I invited Emile over and hopefully mom and dad will get home before his birthday."

Roman perks up, "Remy likes us! Can we come?"

I look at Patton who nods, "Sure. But bring presents."

Roman nods happily as Logan nods normally. We talk about plans for it. We have decorations covered but we need to actually decorate. So I will get Remy out of the house while everyone decorates and sets up. We will talk to Emile about when we go to school. He can help us set everything up. He loves doing that if my memory is correct.

I really want this to go well. Remy does so much for me even if we are brothers and he is obligated to. He could have just let me fend for myself though. Not everyone has family members that are nice and helpful.

After a few more hours Patton leaves and then Roman a few minutes after him. Remy is running late but that's fine since I can be with Logan longer.

We are sitting on his front porch since there is a small table and chairs set up. White chairs with blue and black cushions.

Logan looks at me and sounds nervous, "Hey Virgil."

I look at him getting nervous myself from him being nervous, "Yeah Lo?"

"At the dance when we were dancing..."

I feel myself heat up, "What about it?"

"We almost kissed." He was blushing as well.

"Oh yeah... Um... I'm sorry."

He looks shocked, "No, don't apologize.  I um... I just... I need to get something off of my chest."

"Oh? What?" I ask as my heart beats faster then when I drink monsters.

"Well... For a while I have been figuring out how to say this. It is something I am not used to..." He looks so nervous. "Virgil, I-"

"Virgil, I'm sorry for running late," Remy yells as he pulls into the driveway. He gets out of the car and walks over to us. "I was dealing with a Karen who kept saying her iced coffee wasn't iced. There was ice in the damn thing! She was fuc-"

"Hey its fine," I interrupt him. I stand up, "See you at school Logan." I smile at him and he nods.

"Right." He stands up and we go to hug but settle for a handshake. Yeah we suck at this.

I get in the car with Remy and we start driving home. He asks, "Did you have fun at the dance and hanging out at Logan's?"

"Yeah. I actually am enjoying parts of highschool. I honestly didn't think I would. I have friends and more than Patton and a fake boyfriend."

Remy smiles and squeals a little, "That's wonderful to hear!"

I nod and look out the window as my mind goes back to me being on the porch with Logan. He mentioned the dance and us almost kissing. I wonder what he wanted to tell me. He couldn't have feelings for me... Could he? But why? I've been a terrible friend.

I push those thoughts away quickly. I'm not ruining this! I have happy memories and they are going to stay that way!