Swimming

Logan's POV

The temperature is starting to drop but today it is hot so we decided as a group to go to Patton's house and swim in his pool. I have a fear of water which the group knows about. Showers and baths are fine. Pools, lakes, and oceans are not fine.

But I don't want to ruin everything so I will deal with it. I grab my bathing suit, sunglasses, sunscreen, towel, and some other items.

I drive to his house and knock on the door. Virgil already there, wearing swimming shorts (the ones he bought last chapter) and a black tshirt on.

He looks at me and smiles, "The bathroom is at the end of the hall on the right."

"Thank you." I go to the bathroom and put on my swimming shorts that are dark blue with small white dots. I leave as Roman arrives already dress to swim. Red swimming shorts with crowns on it. Patton takes off his clothes since he wore them underneath. His shorts are light blue and have animals on them.

We go to his pool and Roman and Patton jump in right away after applying sunscreen. I sit on the sides with my feet on the water. Virgil gets in the water slowly and comes over to me.

He speaks in a low tone, "I remember you saying you have a fear of water. Are you okay with this?"

I nod slowly, "I just don't want to go in."

"I understand... I can hold you or we can just lay on the deck."

I nod, "Lay on the deck."

He nods and gets out. We lay down on the deck and look at the sky as we point out some clouds. After a few minutes Virgil goes back into the water and stays near the edge to talk to me.

At one point I decide to go in. Virgil holds my hand as I step down the stairs. Once I touch the bottom I squeeze his hand tightly and he whispers, "Everything is okay."

I nod and we walk around the pool. Everything is fine, it isn't that deep. We play some games and then get out of the pool. We wrap the towels around us as Roman and Patton run around.

Virgil grabs my hand, "So did you have fun?"

I smile, "Yeah. It was fine and relaxing once I got over that it wasn't that deep. But if we were at the ocean, excuse my language but there would be no fucking way of me getting into the water."

Virgil laughs, "Hearing you cuss is new and I love it."

I smile and chuckle, "Hey Virgil, remember when I was talking to you at my house before Remy interrupted?"

He nods, "Yeah. You seemed nervous. Is everything okay?"

"Everything is okay. I just wanted to say... That... Well... I lo-"

"LOOK OUT!" Roman yells.

I look towards them see a frisbee heading towards us. I catch it before it hits one of us as Virgil covers his head and leans towards me, I wrap my other arm around Virgil, "Be careful." I say as I throw it to Roman.

Roman nods, "Right. Sorry!" He goes back to playing with Patton.

Virgil backs away slowly, "So what were you saying?"

I hold back a sigh, "Nothing important."