Chapter 18: The Summer Memory That Just Never Dies

Sophie's POV:

Jules ends up picking me up about fifteen minutes earlier than I expected. But that's good because we could spend more time with each other. I clench onto my dress as the feeling of euphoria raises inside me.

The thought of me going on a date with Julian Casablancas of The Strokes is mind-boggling in and of itself.

As we stop at a light, he turns to me and smirks. "Did I mention that you look really gorgeous in this dress?"

I feel my skin getting hot as I look down and grin widely; I hide my face with my hands to try and cover my hard blushing.

"Jules, you're making me blush!"

"Well, it's insanely cute. I can't get enough of it."

He pulls my left arm away from my face to try to see me.

He comes closer to me. "I want to see your face."

I turn towards him and place my right hand on his shoulder as I chuckle.

"Happy now?"

"Very," he smirks again.

There's always something or the other about him that I love, and it feels so sneakily bad, but god does it feel amazing at the same time.

"I can never say 'no' to you, you know that? You're wrapped around my mind," I tell him.

He leans in closer and whispers in my ear, "I'm just getting started, sweetheart." I smile at how seductive he is being.

"I could stay like this with you forever," he whispers. I move even closer so that we are just inches away from each other.

I quickly glance at the traffic before smirking back at him, "The light's green."

I hear him mutter a curse word while laughing as we pull away.

We continue to keep driving and he asks me:

"So, how did you manage to escape your parents?"

I tell him about the full plan and cover-up that Alex and I came up with.

"Damn," he raises his eyebrows, impressed. "You never cease to amaze me with your wittiness."

"Thanks," I smile at his compliment.

After a while, we enter a restaurant called "The Standard Grill". My eyes take in the sight of people sitting outside in woven chairs, clinking beer bottles and wine glasses, enjoying their fancy meals while having a good laugh and being surrounded by multiple types of plants.

"This place looks really cool," I acknowledge.

"It's even cooler inside," he says. "You will enjoy it. Oh, and one more thing," he says as he pulls something out of his inner blazer pocket.

"I bought something for you," he smiles and hands me a navy blue velvet box.

I gasp in surprise when I open it up. It's a Swarovski necklace and earrings set: simple, but elegant.

"Jules, this is beautiful!" I smile happily at him.

"I'm glad you like it."

"I love it!" I put on the earrings and move my hair as Julian comes around to clasp the necklace around my neck.

"You look magnificent," he says as I turn around so that I'm facing him.

"Thank you so much, darling."

He pulls me into a hug for a few seconds before we pull away and I put the box in my purse.

He opens the door and gestures to me to step inside.