Chapter 20: Our Lives are Changing Lanes

(A/N: Since this is the 20th Chapter, it will be incredibly long, but here's where the story takes a turn. There will be lots of switching between multiple perspectives in this chapter, so sorry in advance if it makes you annoyed 😆. Have fun reading, and I hope you like it.)

Geneviève's POV:

The alarm clock rings in my ears as I move my arm around, trying to find it and switch it off. I slowly open my eyes as my vision adjusts to the light.

7:15 AM.

"Morning, mon amour," Tom smiles as he pecks my cheek.

"Morning, Thomas," I smile back.

I get up to stretch as Tom walks around. "Are you going to call Alex and Sophie?"

"Hmm, not yet. It's only 7:15. They might still be asleep. Alex did say that unpacking and setting up would take up a lot of hours of the night."

"We should call them and make sure everything's alright, though. How about this; let's both get ready and then call them up. We can all meet up someplace for breakfast or something. We don't have to eat in the hotel's buffet today."

"Sounds good," I nod in agreement.

______________

After the two of us get ready and dressed, it is around 7:45 AM.

I decide to call Alex; he picks up after 2 rings.

Alex's POV:

My roommate Miles and I add some 'final touches' in our room as I hear my phone ring.

I go over to pick up the phone and put it on speaker.

"Morning, mom!" I say, happily.

"Morning, Alex. Did you sleep well last night?"

"Yeah, I did," I smile as I sit on my bed.

"How about Sophie? Is she up or still sleeping?"

"Yeah, she's still sleeping. I gave her my bed last night and I slept on the couch."

"Dude, what are you talking about? I thought she left last night-" Miles says while fixing his bed, not paying attention, but then suddenly realizes what his mistake was. He forgets that Sophie and I are fabricating a lie to our parents.

I look at him with wide eyes and furrowed eyebrows, giving him a look that says, 'You just blew the cover-up, you idiot!' I hear him mutter a curse word before mouthing an 'I'm so sorry!'

I slap my forehead with my palm.

Damn it, Miles.

"Last night?" I hear my mom say.

Great. She overheard it.

"But she hasn't returned to our hotel room!" she starts getting worried.

"Um, I have to go now, bye," I say, rapidly with extreme nervousness.

"Wait, Ale-"

I cut the call and immediately proceed to call Sophie, trying to warn her about Mom and Dad.

I punch in the number as I mutter "Come on Soph, please pick up!"

'We're sorry, but this phone number has been switched off.'

"Shit!" I say, worried, as I throw my phone on my bed.

'Sophie, whatever you're doing, you better hurry before Mom and Dad catch you!' I think to myself.