Chapter 11

"Tharn..."

Tharn just smiled. He was glad he made it in time to catch Type before the test.

"No called me. He told me that you were going to the hospital. So I rushed over here," he said.

"Don't you have practice? It's just a scan. Nothing serious," Type tried his best to act casual although his heart was beating fast by this sweet act of Tharn's.

"You are way more important than practice." Tharn thought, but the surprising reaction from Type made him realize that he actually said it out loud.

"We're friends, aren't we? I care for you, Type and I'm here." Type was speechless. He slowly nodded and turned around to hide his blush before walking away.

Tharn was a little anxious. He didn't know whether Type was blushing or was he angry. He followed Type to the doctor's office which was down the corridor.

"You all can wait here. Type, you wait in my office. I'll send the nurse over to get all your details," Dr. Arm said and Tharn could see the panic rising in Type's face though he still tried to hide it. Type nodded and walked in after Dr. Arm left.

"Doc!" Tharn called out to Dr. Arm after Type went inside. "Can I go in with Type. He seems to be nervous about this whole situation. Can I stay by his side until this is all over?" Tharn asked almost in a pleading tone. Dr. Arm was taken aback by this but he smiled. He knew how Type would have been feeling. He needed someone by his side.

"Sure. Go ahead. Type's got a good friend," he smiled at Tharn.

"Thank you, Doc" Tharn waied at him and hurried back to the office.

When he reached, he saw No and Champ waiting outside. "Ai'No!" No looked up at Tharn.

"Thanks for helping me out, man. And for calling me before you came to the hospital." Tharn and Techno did a bro hug.

"Hey! Don't even mention it. I'm happy I got to help Type." Tharn nodded. He saw Champ looking at his watch.

"By the way, if it's getting late for you, you both can leave. I'll stay with Type and take him back at the dorm once everything is done here." No and Champ looked at each other before agreeing.

"Thanks, man. We'll leave now. Inform Type that we're leaving, okay?" No said asked and Tharn nodded.

"Sure."

Champ and No bid good night to Tharn before leaving. After they left, Tharn walked into the office where Type was waiting.

Type, on the other hand, was shifting in his chair, paper crinkling loudly beneath him. Hospitals always made him uncomfortable. The sterility, the cheery nurses, and the distant hum of machines, all of it got on his nerves. He didn't notice Tharn had walked in and was sitting beside him.

He suddenly felt a presence beside him and was stunned. "When did you? How?" Type was almost stuttering because of his nervousness.

Tharn smiled at him. "I asked the doctor if I could accompany you. I know you're nervous, Type..." Tharn reached out and held Type by his shoulder. Type would usually defend himself if it was anyone else. But with Tharn, he felt that he could drop his invisible shield and express his true emotions.

"Thanks, Tharn." was all he said. But these two words meant a lot to the two of them unbeknownst to each other.

Type's attention swung to the door as it opened. An older nurse, wearing too much makeup, walked in.

"Good afternoon! Can you give me your name and date of birth?" Type quickly rattled off the information.

"Great. So I see you're here for an MRI scan today, correct?" A short nod, knee bouncing. "No need to worry, son. This will be over before you know it. I'll be taking your vitals. Then, I'll leave this gown over here. When I step out, please remove your clothing- you can leave your undergarments on- and change into it. After that, the technician will come to talk to you before leading you to the examination room."