Chapter 15

Before they knew it, the day of the big match had arrived. The Faculty of Sports versus the Faculty of Law.

The teams enter the field and shake hands with the opponent team before each captain walked where the referees were, deciding which part of the field they wanted to begin with. Soon both teams were in position, and then the game started.

After the first minute of intense soccer, the match slowed down, both teams waiting for the other one to start the attack.

Fifteen minutes after the start of the game, the first attack came. The midfielder from the other team got the ball and tried to dodge the defenders but Techno and Champ were pretty good at what they do, so there was no way the attacker could even try to shot. But then, the counterattack began, Techno took the ball and ran, effectively avoiding all the other team's players. He caught Type who was unblocked and threw the pass to him.

Type quickly found a space in the left-wing and went there to throw a center, but the only player of his own team was Win and he was between two defenders of the opposite team. Type made one of his plays and threw the center to Win who effectively moved and was able to score the goal. It was truly a magnificent play.

Type turned to look at the audience trying to spot the face of a person whom he had been eagerly waiting to see. But unfortunately, he knew that he couldn't come since today he was busy with his own work. Today was not only the soccer match but also the Battle of the Bands contest. Type cleared his head before resuming back his position and becoming alert.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the campus, the Battle of the Bands was taking place. Tharn and his bandmates were backstage getting ready for their performance. Tharn kept looking at his watch and then at the band performing before them.

"Damn it Lhong! I hope I can get there in time to at least see the results of the game!" He groaned.

"Woah. Woah. Woah. Calm down, my friend. You will. Have some hope. Take a deep breath and let it out," Tharn didn't retort back and just went along. He took a deep breath when the band they knew where their rivals arrived.

Ken, the lead singer of the band was ahead of his band with his guitar strapped to his back. When his eyes came into contact with Tharn's group, he snickered before walking past them.

Lhong stepped forward with anger to teach the guy a lesson but Tae and Tharn were quick enough to grab hold of him.

"Are you crazy?" Tae asked his boyfriend. Lhong just shook his head in frustration and ran his fingers through hair. "Damn! I hate that guy!" He almost yelled.

When it was their turn to take the stage, Ken strutted onto the across it like a proud peacock. He was always the showrunner, while the others in his band preferred to stay a little back to the side, giving the group support with rhythms.

"What's up everyone!" Ken shouted, waving his hand to the cheering crowd, pick tucked between two fingers. "What a show tonight! Are all the other bands ready to get smoked?"

Some of the other bands booed, but most of the audience was made of fans, cheering him on. Ken just laughed.

"Hit it guys,"

Backstage, Lhong had excused himself to the bathroom. He couldn't stand the music played by Ken and his group. Tae followed him to coax him up.

"He still hates his guts, doesn't he?" Tum stood beside Tharn.

"Er... Can you blame him? It's mostly Ken's fault that they have enemies today." Tum sighed. He knew why the two boys were acting this way.

"Hey, Tharn... what's the story between the two enemies?" Rose, the busybody stepped in. Tharn looked at Tum who shook his head and smiled.