07 (b) - Musically 2gether

Author's Note : Wat - Tine sweetness

Recommended Soundtrack : Scrubb - Close

-----------------
Sarawat's POV

"That's the wrong chord, Tine", said P'Air wincing as Tine struck a discordant note.

"Sorry, P'Air", said Tine, contrite.

At this rate, it would be a miracle if he could strum even one chord at the music club audition tomorrow.

My thoughts flashed back to last night when he'd pressed his long, lean body into mine as he pushed me against the wall. It was enough to make my throat dry.

I went and stood behind him, placing his fingers on the right frets and strings.

"Try now", I said.

Tine strummed. The note was still not correct.

"Again, press your fingers harder", I said. He strummed a discordant note again.

"I'm trying", he said, getting frustrated.

I bent close to him and pressed my fingers down on his.

"Try now", I said in his ear, which was right next to my lips.

His cheeks turned pink. He strummed and the note sang out beautifully.

"See, you just need to press harder", I said in his ear again, and pulled back. I didn't think I could control myself from sucking his earlobe if I stayed there any longer.

"Thanks", said Tine, a little breathlessly.

I could see P'Air in the corner, with her hands on her cheeks, gushing and fangirling at the sight of Tine and me. She had a fujoshi streak.

I glared at her. She was making Tine uncomfortable. She shrank back at my scowl and apologized silently.

I shook my head and smiled at her. She was cute. And my senior.

"Listen, you nuisance. You'd better practice all night if you hope to play the basic chords correctly tomorrow", I said and patted his shoulder, before walking out.

I had football practice. I hadn't told Man and Boss yet about my encounter with Tine last night. I wasn't looking forward to their teasing.

Tine's POV

Sarawat had charm, no doubt. He simply smiled at P'Air and she melted.

For some unfathomable reason, I was annoyed. There was no need for him to smile at her at all. Did he go around smiling at all the girls around campus? No wonder they threw themselves at him.

Was I jealous? Of him, or for him?

I dispelled the strange thought and focussed on getting the chord right.

P'Air looked at me with motherly affection. "Keep at it, Tine. You'll get it soon", she said kindly.

I strummed and it sounded like a dying cat.