10. 𝘊𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘈𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘎𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯

༺♡༻

TW: MENTION OF BLOOD, GORE, AND MURDER

The ambience of my room filled up my senses. I had always turned to burying myself in my bed alone with a quill in my hand when I was feeling an influx of emotions, writing whatever was stuck inside of my mind. Today, it was Draco i'd been writing about. The sunlight projecting onto the ocean had been beaming through my window, shining right onto the small black journal I had in my hands, my owl Nova sitting on the empty side of my bed. That was one thing I loved most about sleeping underwater, the clear water had always been a beautiful view.

I made sure to include how i'd been holding up with my Beauxbatons past in my journal, hoping that letting it out would grant me some peace. No matter how passionately I wrote, nothing could erase what I did. I played a part in that poor girls death. Nothing could've ever prepared me for that. A small tear left my eye as I recalled the night everything changed.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

𝘈/𝘕 : 𝘚𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘍𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘍𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘩 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘥𝘴. 𝘛𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘴!

"That is not even fair, filou (trickster)!" Fleur Delacour giggled as she chased me down the Beauxbatons garden in a friendly game of tag. I made my way through the beautiful periwinkle flowers laughing, the sun kissing my freckled face. "Attrape-moi si tu peux, Fleur (Catch me if you can)!" I yelled back. If there was one person in Beauxbatons I loved to be around, it was Fleur. She was the closest thing i've ever had to a sister, and it pained me to know that I'd probably not see her in a very long time. Every emotion of happiness inside of me quickly disappeared once I came to a stop and realized what was going on in front of me. Fleur bumped into me and she too had confusion and most of all, fear written across her face. 

Before us was three 7th years brutally beating up a girl in their grade. I could barely recognize her through her disfigured face, but I looked into her eyes and realized exactly who I was looking at. Amelia Boucher. She was infamous around the school for duelling most of the girls, and picking on many of the younger children. I suddenly felt the entire world fall into slow motion, thinking about each time Amelia has tormented me throughout my years at Beauxbatons. There she was, weak, a simple punch away from death. What keeps me up at night though, is the fact that part of me didn't feel bad at all. 

I would never be able to forgive myself for that thought.

Fleur quickly pulled out her wand from behind me, and I followed. "Expelliarmus!" The other girls, Bridgit and Esmé, disarmed us and held us back. Me and Fleur fought our hardest to get out of their grasps, but they were simply too much stronger than either of us. Hariet pulled up Amelia's limp body and held her wand to her neck. I could've sworn that I heard Amelia whisper "please" to us if Fleur's muffled screaming wasn't distracting me. 

"Scarlet. 3rd year, droite (correct) ?" Hariet smiled at me. I was instantly sick to my stomach and looked up at her through my tears. I slowly nodded. "Viens (come). Prove your last name right, Fatale." she stretched our her words. I fell into a hysterical fit of crying and screaming, trying to get the attention of anybody. 

"It wont help. Did you think we were going to execute somebody without putting up silencing charms? Idiote" her thick French accent pierced my ears as I turned to Fleur. Her eyes were shut and her entire face was sweating. I went over every ending to this situation possible, and none turned out good. I had to take actions into my own hands. 

"Give my my wand, Hariet. I'll do it."

"SCARLET! YOU CANT! PLEASE SCARLET" Fleur's screams tugged at my heartstrings as Hariet send me a devilish smile. "Libération (release) her my Bridgit, give her the wand." Suddenly I was freed, wand in hand, and pointed it at Amelia's bloody face. "I'm sorry" I whispered.

"DIFFINDO!" I screamed and broke the silencing charms. Esmé released her grip on Fleur on instinct, and Fleur grabbed her wand instantly, pointing it back at her. "HELP!" Me and Fleur screamed the loudest we could, praying somebody would come in time, but it was too late.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" Hariet yelled out whilst pointing her wand at me. I moved away as fast as I could, unaware of who was standing right behind me. Amelia dropped to her knees, blood pouring out from her body in every direction. 

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

I snapped myself out of the flashback, tears pouring down my face, once I realized I was still safe in my bed. Hariet was in Azkaban. I was fine. Draco shook me and was bombarding me with multiple questions such as "What happened?" "Are you okay?" while Vivienne and Pansy were standing next to me, worriedly looking at me. 

"I'm fine, Draco, i'm sorry I-" I tried to look for the words to explain what had just happened. I was cut off when Draco brought me to his chest and hugged me tightly. My ear was right above his chest, and I started to calm down as I was listening to his heartbeat closely. My tears soaked up his white button up shirt as I grasped tightly on the thin fabric. 

"Let's go down to the court yard or something" Draco whispered to me as he played with my hair. "It'll get your mind off of things, everybody's down there." 

I pulled back slowly, and glanced at Pansy who was smiling at the interaction between us. Vivienne on the other hand... Wasn't taking it entirely too well. I turned back to Draco and sent him a small smile. "Sure. Give me a few minutes I need to uh" I wiped my mascara from my cheeks, "fix myself." 

Draco chuckled and and stood up. "I'll meet you in the common room when you're done." 

༺♡༻