19. 𝘙𝘦𝘣𝘳𝘶𝘮 𝘙𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘰

༺♡༻

After about an hour of laying down in Draco's arms, talking about everything on our minds and stuffing our mouths with my mothers chocolates, we walked back to the castle. Our conversation consisted mostly of small talk with his occasional witty and snarky remarks. I learned pretty quickly to get used to those. We even got into the topic of our constellations and astrology in general, I learned that those play a big part of his moms side of the family. What surprised me was how interested Draco got once I started talking about tarot card reading. Nobody has ever shared an interest in this with me before, and I was happy that out of all people, it was him. 

"Back from your first date so early, huh, lovebirds?" Blaise cooed from the courtyard. 

"I'd never take my girl to a scrappy pub in hogsmeade for our first date. What do I look like to you? Poor?" Draco spat. I let out a small laugh at his immediate defensiveness and squeezed his shoulder. "And we're not dating, Blaise. Take these and shut your mouth" I threw the box of wafers I promised him onto his lap, in which he automatically smiled at. "Thats what i'm talking about" he nudged Crabbe and Goyle who were sitting by his side. I hadn't even realized Pansy and Vivienne were there until Pansy popped her head out from behind Blaise. "You're back! Scar, Draco, me and Vivienne have some.. news to share" she blushed slightly.

"What, are you two going to finally transfer out? I've been waiting four years for this" Draco smiled brightly. I rolled my eyes and elbowed his arm, and he chuckled slightly. "Well go on, spit it out" I sent a smile to both Vivienne and Pansy. 

"Well.. Today I asked Pansy out for the first time. We're together, officially." Vivienne said through her deep voice. The boys seemed too preoccupied with the sweets I had given them, so I kicked each of them, except for Draco, in the leg. "Pay attention!" I turned my attention back to the new couple. "I really am so happy for you both" I said genuinely. Pansy hopped off of the fountain where she was sitting and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back hesitantly, confused at the sudden gesture. I decided not to question it, though. People do crazy shit when they're in love.

"Would you look at that, the two peas in the pod are romantically involved. Who would've thought? It's not like I hear you both snogging every single nigh-" Draco began.

"Oh shut up, don't be bloody jealous" Vivienne spat. Pansy held her hand, and I instantly noticed a shift in Vivienne's attitude. I liked how Pansy could ground her, it made them simply perfect for each other. Draco was about to respond, and I prayed it wouldn't be anything too hurtful, until Pansy cut him off. "Don't worry, Draco. You'll have your fun soon," she turned her head to me. "Isn't that right, Scarlet?" she winked.

I instantly felt my cheeks heat up. Everybody's eyes were now on me, and I was absolutely uncomfortable. Draco must've noticed my sudden shift because he placed his hand onto my lower back supportively and spoke up for me. "Mind your business Pansy, don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong" he narrowed his eyes at her. I saw Blaise's eyes widen as he turned to the floor, trying to avoid any conflict. 

"It's late" I gestured to the sky, now a darker blue. "I need to go finish up a few assignments, but I'll see you all later?" I slowly said to my friends, in which they nodded in response. "Come with?" I asked Draco quietly. He rolled his eyes and grabbed my hand, leading me to the library. 

"You don't have any assignments due soon. You finished them all in class, I saw." he eyed me suspiciously. 

"Anything to break the tension?" I laughed softly. "Besides, I like the library a lot. There's also something I need to tell you... Well, show you." I led him to my favorite bookshelf, which I discovered around last month. It was stacked with astrology related books, and I shuffled them around until I found what I was looking for. It was a black leather book with a green spine without any words written on the cover, stuffed all the way behind thick and rusty textbooks. "Bloody hell is that" he leaned his back against the shelf next to me. 

"Watch," I pulled out my wand. "Rubrum revelio" I pointed my wand at the pages, and suddenly my messy, dark handwriting was perfectly visible against the pale paper. Draco's interest peaked as he got closer and hovered over me, following the words with his finger. 

"What is this?" he muttered. It was my diary entry from around 8 months ago now. I'd written all about what happened at Beauxbatons. "It's everything I have to lose. You should know." I passed the book to him, him sending me a confused look. During mine and Draco's time together today, I couldn't help but think about how he'd see me if he knew everything. I played a position in someones death. An innocent persons death. It pained me to have to act like the perfect, innocent girl I knew he liked. He had to know.

I watched him closely as he read through the page, looking for any change of expression. This could very well be the last time he'd ever want to talk to me.

A few moments passed until he took a deep breath and closed the book. I refused to look him in the eye, afraid of what he may be thinking of me. It was then when I felt his cold fingers stroke my cheek. "I'm sorry" he murmured. 

I turned to him in disbelief. "Sorry? Draco.. I... I killed her" I could hear my own voice crack.

"You did not. You acted on instinct, and i'm bloody happy you did" his eyebrows furrowed. "If you think this makes any difference in my feelings toward you, you're wrong." I couldn't believe the words that were coming out of his mouth. 

"And you shouldn't keep this here, anybody could read it-" he began. "No, I invented the spell that makes the words visible and disappear again. Only you and I know it now. But thats completely besides the point, Draco. You really see no issue with this?" 

He pondered for a few moments and shook his head. "No. I really don't, actually. I think you experienced something traumatic, none of it was your fault." he said through a straight face. For some reason, a small tear escaped my eyes. Although, it wasn't of sadness.

The happy, and powerful emotions Draco Malfoy made me feel simply couldn't stay buried inside of me.

༺♡༻

𝘼/𝙉 : 𝙄'𝙢 𝙨𝙤 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙖 𝙗𝙞𝙩 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙜! 𝙄𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙙𝙚𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙮 𝙖 𝙛𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧, 𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙚𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙢𝙖𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙜𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙄 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙛𝙚𝙬 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙞𝙩 (: