14. 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘓𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘐𝘯 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘏𝘢𝘻𝘺 𝘏𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘖𝘧 𝘔𝘪𝘯𝘦

༺♡༻

𝐀/𝐍 : 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨! 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐫 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧. 𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐮𝐛𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 ( 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐯𝐞) - 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐲. 𝐄𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲! <𝟑

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pchn4Uuuao8

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

As Professor McGonagall dismissed us to our dorms, I kept an eye out for the blonde boy I yearned to talk to. I spotted him, quickly disappearing into the corridors. I was yet again faced with extreme disappointment. Our banter used to be the highlight of my days, and just when I thought i'd be able to get it back, he walked right out the door.

I slowly walked back to my common room, hoping that Mr. Filch wouldn't pop out randomly. The torches on the walls illuminated the staircase to the dungeons, and the only sound I heard was the crackling of the fire. That was until I neared the door to the common room, where I heard somebody humming a simple song. I quietly opened the door, hoping not to interrupt them, when to my surprise I saw him.

Draco was spread out onto the couch in front of the fireplace with tears streaming down his face. His humming quickly came to a halt when he saw me, and he instantly wiped his face.

"Why aren't you in bed, Fatale." Draco grimaced. It was more of a statement than a question.

"I don't sleep much." I quietly responded. Truthfully, I was afraid of saying the wrong thing. I've never seen him so vulnerable in front of me, and the sight of him crying in front of me tore my heart into a million pieces.

"Yeah. Me neither." We shared a few moments of awkward silence before he slowly scooted over and made room on the couch. His eyes met mine and I knew that he needed somebody right now. I would always be that person for him. I walked over to the couch and sat down. "What's wrong, Draco?" he asked him seriously. I knew that he wouldn't tell me exactly what was up, but I had to try. To my surprise, Draco turned to me.

"Lucius." his voice cracked. He didn't have to give me any context for me to understand. On instinct, I extended my arms and pulled him into a hug. In the first few moments, I was terrified i'd made the wrong decision, and even debated on letting go of him and apologizing. Instead, I heard Draco quietly sob. I held his head tightly to my chest as he grasped onto my waist. "Everything will be okay Draco. Absolutely everything" I whispered as I ran my hand through his hair.

𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐂𝐎 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I've never felt that somebody cared about me until now. I calmed down as I focused on Scarlet's heartbeat, reminding me of when I listened to my mothers as a little boy. "Everything will be okay Draco. Absolutely everything" she whispered as her soft hand gently pulled on my roots. I smiled at those words, never realizing how much they meant to me until I heard her say them. I raised my head and took her hand in mine before realizing that a tear was running down her cheek.

"Why are you crying, weirdo" I joked as an attempt to lighten the mood. She flashed me a smile which made me completely melt, and broke into a small fit of laughter, nodding her head sideways. I slowly reached up and wiped the tear from her cheek, unaware of how close our faces were. Her light eyes scanned mine and before I knew it, her lips crashed onto mine. I was left with no time to process what had just happened. I've kissed many girls before, but it never felt like this. I brought my hand to her neck and deepened the kiss, and what I felt was beyond bliss. After a few moments, she backed away to catch her breath and giggled quietly. "Sorry" she whispered.

"Don't be" I sent her a small smirk and adjusted myself so that we were both laying down on the sofa, her head on my chest as I covered us with a nearby blanket. "Ever since I laid eyes on you, you've been living in this hazy head of mine, my Amortentia." Her face beamed a bright shade of red and a few moments of comfortable since passed before she spoke up again. 

"Ditto."

I erupted into a fit of laughter as I held her close and kissed her forehead. Suddenly, she'd been humming the same song I was humming earlier. I smirked, recalling the comforting moments my mother would sing the same song to me when I'd been having nightmares of my father in Azkaban.

I stroked her hair as I joined her, and with that, we drifted into a peaceful deep sleep.

༺♡༻

𝐀/𝐍 : 𝐀𝐡𝐡𝐡! 𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐚𝐬 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝. 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭. 𝐒𝐨 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬!