31. 𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘊𝘩𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘮𝘢𝘴

༺♡༻

The morning sun shone brightly onto Draco's skin, making his pale skin appear as though it's been entirely made out of porcelain. I'd woken up about 15 minutes ago now, and to my delight, Blaise, Crabbe, and Goyle were nowhere to be found in the dorm. I only assumed Draco must've threatened them to stay out after I fell asleep. I had just finished writing my 4th Christmas letter to various relatives, some I didn't even know existed until my mother aggressively asked me to write to them. I was never the biggest fan of Christmas, especially now since that meant i'd have to spend a day without Draco. I'm almost positive i've gotten unhealthily attached to him.

I laid back down slowly next to a sleeping Draco, smiling softly at him. I'd never get bored of looking at him. A few silent moments of peace passed until I noticed him start to twitch. He shot up from his bed, breathing hard with wide eyes. "Draco? Are you okay?" I asked worriedly. His breathing started to slow down as he adjusted to reality, rubbing his bloodshot eyes.

"It was just a nightmare" he brushed it off, pulling me close to him. "Happy Christmas, Scarlet" he faked a smile. "Yeah, yeah, what was the nightmare?" I backtracked, there would be no way he would let me get away with this if the roles were reversed. "It's not a problem" he rolled his eyes.

"It's a problem if it bothers you" I stood up straighter, using his own words against him.

He sighed heavily, clearly unsure of whether he should tell me or not. "I don't like going home for Christmas" he shrugged. My mind instantly traveled to Lucius, who had quite a reputation of not treating Draco well. "If I ever had your father in a choke hold.." I began, shaking my head.

"It's nothing new, love" he sent me a sad smirk. "You know how he is, we all do." He hung his head, shutting his eyes tightly. Suddenly, a wild idea popped into my head. "What if.." I started slowly. "No, never mind."

"No, what is it?" he looked directly at me. "Well, what if you didn't have to go home for Christmas?" I rose my eyebrows suggestively. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What, like stay here?" he scoffed.

"No, you idiot. Spend Christmas with my family" I looked up at him hopefully. I could tell he'd been thinking about it for a few moments, but his thoughts were quickly interrupted. "My mother would want to spend it with me-" "She's welcome too then!" I smiled. "Even your dad can come, but it'll be a lot better, you see. He won't be able to pull anything with my parents there too. Your gift is at my house anyway-"

His frown slowly turned into a bright smile, and he brought me in for a long kiss. "I fucking love you, you know that, right?" he held my face in his hands. "Duh" I rolled my eyes playfully. "Hogwarts express leaves in about half an hour, I'll meet you there, I need to pack and say bye to everyone!" He groaned as I jumped out of his bed, rushing out of his room.

Maybe this Christmas would be eventful after all.

︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

White snow stuck to the street as we exited the train, desperately looking around for the car my father had ordered us. "Are you sure your parents are really even okay with me-"

"Draco! I wrote to them earlier and they're both beyond excited. This might be really good you know, our moms love each other, our dads go way back.. and where the hell is this car?!" I breathed out. "Is that it?" he pointed at the familiar black car I came to school with on the first day. I nodded quickly and grabbed his hand, running through the thick snow.