16. 𝘠𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘎𝘪𝘳𝘭

༺♡༻

The Great Hall erupted into a pool of chatter. It was friday, which meant everybody could receive their mail. I took my seat at the slytherin table next to Draco, who slyly snaked his arm around my waist. I haven't been able to talk to him since he'd asked me to the Yule Ball, which was thanks to Professor McGonagall's extending his detentions. Apparently, Draco had performed a leg-locker spell on Neville. If I didn't adore Neville as much as I did, I would've thought that was hilarious. 

"Hello, Amortentia" his grasp on my waist became tighter. I didn't mind. "That nickname is so stupid, did I ever tell you that, Malfoy?" Of course this was a lie. I actually loved it, but he didn't have to know that. 

"You're stupid" he said between a small laugh. "I think it represents you very well," he began to cut into the steak in front of him. "Might just have to knock a bloke out at the rate they're staring at my girl." He mumbled his last few words, but I heard it clear as day. I didn't know whether to melt entirely at that phrase, or to be offended. He hasn't even asked me properly. I wont lie though, I would give anything to be referred to as his, and him mine. 

"Your girl?" I inquired as he was staring down at the food in front of him. After a moment of silence, his usual controlling demeanor was back. "Yeah. Mine. Issue?" I couldn't even process what he had just said before Nova dropped a big box in front of me. It was wrapped in white paper and a silk creme bow. The envelope attached to the top jumped at me in a matter of seconds, and I prepared myself for the embarrassment I was about to face. My mother sent me a howler every year at Beauxbatons. 

My mothers thick french accent roared through the Great Hall, and most eyes were on me. 

"MA JOLIE FILLE (my beautiful daughter)! It has been so long." I could hear her sniffle. It has literally been just a week since I last wrote to her. "Minerva has informed me of the Yule Ball, and you'd be insane to believe I wouldn't take initiative!" I eyed Professor McGonagall, who gave me a slight smirk. "I will see you tomorrow at hogsmeade mon chérie (honey), I discovered this new designer and- okay, okay, Lucifer i'm almost done!" I giggled at the small encounter between my parents, they are always like this. "Happy early birthday mon amour (my love)." I had completely forgot about my birthday. It was this monday, and my friends were also shocked, especially Draco. The envelope turned to Vivienne "Last but not least, Vivienne! I've sent your favorite chocolate in the parcel. I look forward to seeing you again!" Vivienne chuckled and put her hand to her heart. The envelope turned back to me, blew a kiss, and evaporated into the air. 

"BIRTHDAY?" Pansy shouted. "And you didn't bother telling me?" Draco looked at me seriously. "I'm sorry guys.. I really didn't think it was that big of a deal-" 

"Like hell it isn't," Draco began. "Let me go with you to hogsmeade tomorrow. My mother will be there too, anyway" he let out a frustrated sigh. "So.. I-i'll be seeing your mother..?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "Yeah, sure. Why not?" He rested his big hand on my thigh. Insecurity immediately got the best of me. What if she thought I was horrible? I mean, me and Draco weren't even dating.. technically.. It seemed as though Draco understood my thoughts, because he gave my thigh a small squeeze and used his other hand to turn my chin toward him. "It'll be fine" he gave me a small nod. "Open your package" he pointed to it and sat back, crossing his arms. 

I started unwrapping the large box and was greeted with multiple boxes of my favorite sweets. I spotted a purple tin with 𝒱𝒾𝓋𝒾𝑒𝓃𝓃𝑒 written on it and passed it to her, who's jaw hit the ground once she opened it. "Fuckin hell, I haven't had these in years. I absolutely adore your mother, you know that right? Arabella Fatale is my hero" I giggled as she stuffed her mouth with the caramel chocolates. "If anybody wants anything, please, help yourself" I gestured to the box in front of me. In a matter of seconds, Blaise came up from behind me and snagged a box of chocolate wafers. "Don't mind if I do, thanks Fatale." he squeezed my shoulder and made his way back to his seat next to Draco. "Anytime, Zabini" I gave him a thumbs up as I spotted a green tin of peppermint chocolates. 

"Here, you'd definitely like these." I gave the box to Draco who was already looking at me with a smile on his face. "You think so?" he observed the tin and opened it, popping a piece into his mouth. I waited patiently until he let out a satisfied moan, me giggling in response. My mind quickly traveled somewhere else, but I controlled myself. "Fuck, these are brilliant. How can I get a lifetime supply?" 

"My mother makes them, I'll ask her to bring more tomorrow." He nodded in agreement. The bell suddenly rung and I packed up my things, Draco taking the large box into his own arms for me. We waited until most people were dismissed, and walked together to the common room. Moments of comfortable silence passed until he looked back at me again. "Scarlet." he said quietly. "Hm?" I hummed in response. 

"Honestly, do you think she'd like me?" I sent him a confused look. "Your mother, I mean" he looked straight ahead of him. I let out a small laugh. "I'm serious." his mouth turned to a frown.

"No, I know. Im laughing because," I sighed. "My mom has tried to.. matchmake me multiple times in my life. She never succeeded. What i'm saying is she'll be delighted. Really." We reached the door to the common room and I took his empty hand into mine. 

"You have nothing to worry about. She'll like you as much as I do." I reached up with my other hand and brushed a strand of his hair out of his forehead, kissing the empty spot. I took the box out of his hands and slowly turned to open the door. Before I knew it, I felt his strong arms pull me back to him while he kissed me hard. His expensive cologne filled my senses as I melted into his embrace and to my disappointment, he pulled back with a devilish smirk, leaving me wanting more. "Sweet Dreams, Amortentia. I'll be there in the morning" his hand stroked my face and he opened the door to the boys dormitories. I was left out of breath in the empty corridors, completely stunned. 

There were so many things I wanted to do to him. 

༺♡༻

𝐀/𝐍 : 𝐇𝐢 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬! 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐬𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐣𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤, 𝐬𝐨 𝐈'𝐦 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐩𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞. 𝐓𝐨 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐮𝐩, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐞𝐭, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐢𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐀𝐥𝐬𝐨, 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝐭𝐡 (𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐩𝐢𝐨𝐬) 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝟏𝟓 :) !!