33. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘉𝘶𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘸

༺♡༻

*TW: some talk about eating disorders*

It was hard to fall asleep that night. I felt myself toss and turn for what seemed like a million times, even piling multiple thick blankets onto myself. I quickly realized that no amount of layers on my waist would feel remotely close to Draco's usual arm. And so, to my complete distaste, I woke up in my large bed completely alone.

I slowly got up and made my way to the small table in front of my window, shutting the blinds completely. It was too early, and way too bright for that shit. Suddenly, I heard a flutter of wings fly past me and onto the table. "Nova" I smirked a little. "Perfect timing, actually" I sat down, fumbling through my desk drawers.

I pulled out a small red envelope and a piece of paper, pausing before writing. What do I even say? I sighed and took out my quill, writing whatever was on my mind.

𝐻𝑒𝓎
𝒴𝑒𝓈𝓉𝑒𝓇𝒹𝒶𝓎 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓉𝓎 𝓌𝑒𝒾𝓇𝒹, 𝓌𝒶𝓈𝓃'𝓉 𝒾𝓉?

I shook my head. I was always really good with words, why couldn't I form a decent letter this time?

𝒥𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝒸𝒽𝑒𝒸𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒾𝓃. 𝒟𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓊𝓅 𝓉𝑜𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓇𝑜𝓌 𝓂𝑜𝓇𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝐻𝑜𝑔𝓌𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓈 𝐸𝓍𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈? 𝐼𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒶𝓉 𝑒𝓍𝒶𝒸𝓉𝓁𝓎 𝟣𝟣 𝑜'𝒸𝓁𝑜𝒸𝓀, 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌. 𝒜𝓃𝓎𝓌𝒶𝓎, 𝐼 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓈 𝓎𝑜𝓊. 𝒲𝓇𝒾𝓉𝑒 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀 𝓍

- 𝒮𝒸𝒶𝓇𝓁𝑒𝓉

I sighed, neatly folding the letter and placing it into the red envelope. From Scarlet, to Draco i clearly wrote on the back of it. It would've been a total shit show if Lucius mistakenly opened it instead. "Alright, then" I turned back to Nova, who was sitting at my table patiently. "Malfoy Manor, make sure Draco gets it" I watched as her head made a small nod. I tied the letter to her with a ribbon and watched as she flew off. All I could do now was wait. I quickly changed into something comfortable and made my way downstairs.

"Bonnnnjour!" my mother cooed from the kitchen as she placed a cup of tea and a plate of full breakfast on the counter. "Hey" I mumbled, sitting on a freezing cold stool. I poked at my breakfast with my knife, doing anything but eating it. "Scarlet" my mom watched me carefully, eyeing me and my plate. "What?" I asked, avoiding her eye.

"Scarlet, if you ever get thoughts again about nourriture (food) like you used to.." she began in a slow, hushed tone. "Wha- I, mom no" I defensively raised my voice. She raised her hands up, closing her eyes. "I'm better now, you know that" I said quietly. "You lost weight, cherie (sweetheart). What am I supposed to think?"

"If I still had that stupid disorder don't you think you'd know about it?" I raised my eyebrows. "I've been eating. I'm just.. not in the mood right now." She nodded carefully and started to pour herself a cup of tea. What she didn't know, or more like what I didn't want to admit, was that not eating gave me a source of control. In the midst of everything, I'd be okay if I restricted. Or so I thought. "Where's dad?" I desperately tried changing the subject.

"Work. He'll be home soon" she sat down across from me. "How's everything going with him?" her voice was now more sympathetic. "Draco?" I asked, in which she nodded. "Um.. well. I wrote to him, just a few moments ago. I don't know, I feel like he may not even reply. But either way, I will have to see him tomorrow once we get back to Hogwarts, he can't avoid me forever" I rambled on. It felt like I was trying to convince myself more than I was trying to convince my mother.