23. 𝘏𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘉𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘩𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘛𝘰 𝘠𝘰𝘶

༺♡༻

I felt a sudden push of my shoulder, and slowly opened my eyes to the most beautiful view. I scanned through the small group, seeing Harry, Hermione, and Ron together on one side, Vivienne, Pansy, Blaise at the other, and Fleur and Draco right in the middle, each with big smiles plastered onto their faces. The common room was quiet at first, then suddenly, Fred and George's voice boomed through the entire dungeon. I snapped my head in their direction, and they were both on their brooms throwing small fireworks into the air. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" they started, and everybody instantly followed along. My friends were laughing at the twins gesture, and I couldn't help but do so as well. I wiped the small tears that were brought to my eyes. I never would've thought that the people I'd meet at Hogwarts would mean so much to me. It felt like It was only yesterday that I was stumbling on the 9 3/4 platform, meeting the Weasley family and the Golden Trio for the first time. 

I stood up slowly, still half asleep, and extended my arms with a big grin on my face. Immediately, I got attacked with a group hug. Over a small chatter of "happy birthday, Scarlet", I sniffled and let go slowly.

"Thank you guys. It means so much more than you all realize. Really" I said genuinely. "Well, don't give us all too much credit" Ron said through a goofy grin. "It was actually all Malfoy's idea" he continued. "Mhm, he talked to all of us about it" Fleur chirped in. 

I turned to Draco, who I just now realized was standing quietly to the side. His lips curled into a smug grin and he crossed his arms shyly. I instantly embraced him into a tight hug, which definitely threw him off guard. He returned it hesitantly and kissed the top of my head. 

"You talked to all of them? Even Hermione and Harry?" I whispered in disbelief. "Mhm," he hummed. "Even Granger and Potter." I chuckled and let go, looking him in his eyes. "Thank you" I said quietly. 

"Happy birthday, my Amortentia" Draco caressed my cheek.

"Hurry up and get ready Scarlet!" Fred suddenly popped up from my left, George quickly following after my right. "Yeah Scarlet, hurry up and get ready!"

"Fine!" I giggled at the twins excitement. It was amusing how quickly they could shift from a responsible adult to a three year old. "We'll meet you once you're done, we have some.. business to attend to" Vivienne winked at me and started to walk away with the group. Draco blew me a small kiss which I pretended to catch, creating a stupid grin on my face. Suddenly, I felt extremely guilty, completely forgetting about the fact that Harry was now a triwizard champion against his will. "Harry!" I whispered, loud enough for him to hear. Hermione and Ron stopped as well, the three of them turning their heads toward me. 

"Hey, I haven't been able to talk to any of you since.. you know." I looked between Ron, Hermione, and Harry, who all looked extremely calm for some reason. "Don't mention it, Scarlet. I mean really, it's your birthday. I just want you to enjoy it." Harry sent me a smile and squeezed my shoulder. I sighed quietly and returned a smile. "Fine. I'm sure you'll do fine anyway. You're Harry fuckin Potter, man." This caused the entire group to let out a laugh. "We'll see you once you're done, Scarlet. Meet us in the Great Hall," Ron smiled. "Happy birthday" he finished.

The two of them started to walk away, Hermione walking directly into my dorm room. "Where are you off to, Mione?" Ron asked. "Did you really think I was going to leave our best friend alone when picking out her birthday outfit? Please" she rolled her eyes. I laughed and followed her into my room. I could never stop loving Hermione, she was too special.

"I have something for you" she sat down on my bed, pulling a large box from under it. "I snuck this in earlier" a mischievous grin fell onto her face. "Hermione, you shouldn't have-" she lifted her index finger, and extended her arms toward me, placing the box into my own. "Open it" she said excitedly.

I sat down on my bed next to her, carefully ripping off the white ribbon, and opened the brown box. Inside was a collection of beautiful vintage poetry and story books, a pumpkin spice candle, and another small black box. "These are amazing" I whispered, flicking through the pages of each book. I had always loved to read, and I'd been wanting to get my hands on these stories in particular for a long time. "Thank you" I turned to her, who's smile widened. "Here, open that" she pointed to the small black box. I nervously bit my lip and and picked up the box. I opened it slowly, revealing a silver bracelet. It was beaded with shiny crystals, and had a small heart shaped tag attached to it. 

Hermione reached over and turned the tag, revealing our initials, H + S. 

I closed my eyes, trying to prevent any tears from spilling out, and threw my arms around her. "Do you like it?" she giggled. "I love it. Thank you so much, Hermione, my sister." 

"Always." she sniffed and hugged me tighter. 

༺♡༻

𝐀/𝐍 : 𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭! 𝐒𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐬𝐨 𝐈'𝐦 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬. 𝐈 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧 𝐡𝐚𝐡𝐚