15. 𝘚𝘢𝘺 𝘠𝘦𝘴 𝘛𝘰 𝘔𝘦

༺♡༻

𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐏𝐎𝐕

My eyes slowly started to flutter open as I looked around me, realizing I'd fallen asleep in the common room. I had been extremely confused, but quickly remembered the events of the previous night. I blushed furiously but frowned when I realized Draco had been nowhere in sight. I started to even question reality, thinking it had all been a dream- but the sting on my neck from where his hand was grabbing during our kiss told me different. 

It was only around 6:30am, and breakfast started in an hour. I looked down at my clothes and my white button up blouse was completely wrinkly along with my black skirt. My tie was somehow on the floor, but I decided to not question it. My parents would've killed me if they ever saw me this untidy, but thats one thing I liked about Hogwarts. The freedom drove me wild.

It took me about an hour to shower and get myself ready, taking more time than I usually do. My mind had been completely occupied on the moment we had shared, and the fact that he wasn't there in the morning. I decided to skip breakfast, not having much of an appetite. Instead, I took the time to write to my family members for the first time in a while. I would be lying if I said I didn't miss them and their sometimes embarrassing antics. I wondered what they would think about Draco. My father would've definitely been weirded out, but my mom would've taken Draco in as her own. That thought brought butterflies to my stomach.

I walked to my charms class with Pansy and Vivienne, assuming Draco was already there. They were rambling on about the Yule Ball, and I occasionally nodded here and there, my mind on a completely different topic. I held my breath as I neared Professor Filtwick's classroom, but let out a loud sigh when I couldn't spot Draco anywhere. I sat in an empty seat toward the front, Pansy to my left. Vivienne sat at the table behind us, and even Hermione took a seat next to her. I loved that Hermione was warming up to them. I couldn't concentrate on what the professor was saying at all. I was worried his father had gotten the best of him, maybe he was in his bed crying as I speak, maybe I should've checked on him, or-

"Sorry, professor. Detention with Snape" his voice spoke up. Of fucking course. Draco gestured to the late pass he was holding as Professor Filtwick gave a simple nod. 

Draco scanned the classroom until his eyes fell on me. I awkwardly gave him a small wave and a smile when he made his way toward the table behind me to my left. He shot me a wink and I giggled, turning my attention back to the short professor. It was difficult to focus, feeling Draco's constant stare on me. Small flashbacks of us together would pop back into my head, making all of my limbs feel like they're made from jelly. I hadn't even realized a good 15 minutes of class passed until I glanced at the clock. I frantically started writing notes of everything I possibly could, and i'm guessing it was obvious since Pansy turned her head to me.

"Woah, calm down, yeah? I'll lend you my notes later" she whispered and gave me a small nod. "Thank you Pans. You're the fuckin best" I gleamed up at her. I really did mean it, Pansy was the best friend I could've ever asked for. If I told myself two months ago that Pansy would've meant this much to me, I would've laughed hysterically. Im glad that me and her have progressed this much.

"Psstt... Amortentia" I heard Draco whisper. I turned around in my chair with an uncontrollable smile plastered onto my face. "What is it now, Malfoy?"

He blew a paper bird in my direction and it gracefully made its way right onto my desk. I smiled at the beautiful gesture and turned back to him. "Open it" he smirked. My eyebrows furrowed as I opened the piece up paper up, revealing his neat handwriting.

𝘣𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘺𝘶𝘭𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘭𝘭?

A lump in my throat suddenly appeared, and I scanned the piece of paper again, thinking i'd read it incorrectly. This time, I noticed a smaller phrase written at the bottom.

𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦 - 𝘥.𝘮

I don't know why, but those few words tore at my heartstrings completely. I looked back at Draco who's eyes were already on me, waiting for a response. His facial expression seemed nervous, and almost a little afraid. I grabbed my quill and turned the piece of paper over.

𝓘  𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭𝓷'𝓽  𝔀𝓪𝓷𝓽 𝓽𝓸  𝓰𝓸  𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱  𝓪𝓷𝔂𝓸𝓷𝓮 𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓮.

 - 𝓢

I folded the paper into fourths and casted wingardium leviosa to have it fall right into his hands. I wish I knew a cuter spell for times like this, but then again, maybe If I payed any attention in charms class, I'd know a few. "I tried" I gestured to the sad, crumpled note. He laughed it off and opened the note. A beautiful tint of red spread across his face, and I looked ahead of me, my own blush taking over.

At this point in my life, I had everything I wanted.

༺♡༻