Feel Something

and i don't wanna be alone
when i am so far away from my home

I took in the quietness of the lonely bedroom. Harry had left early for an interview and let me stay home today to sleep in. I had plans with Emma today to go wedding dress shopping considering she was going to be my maid of honor.

I stretched my body across the entire bed letting out a long loud yawn. I honestly had no clue what type of dress I was looking for I hadn't had any time to think.

I got ready slowly taking time on my hair making the curls bouncy and shiny and spending a generous amount of time outing together a nice outfit. Emma showed up at my house about two hours later.

"You ready?!!" she squealed when I got in the car with a gigantic smile on her face. To anyone else she would have looked joyful but by now i've memorized my best friend and knew she was hiding something behind her eyes which showed sadness. "I'm a bit nervous" I admitted brushing off the look in her eyes "I honestly can't believe I'm getting married in less than a year." Emma squeezed my hand and her smile dropped a bit "I can't wait to watch you walk down that isle"
~

I stared at the rows of white gowns in front of me hoping that one would stand out to me. I don't know what it was but they all seemed plain and basic to me even though I knew that they weren't. After trying on a few I decided to look deeper into the store. I knew I wanted something that you hardly ever saw.

I searched around a rack of dresses that where more decorative. I grabbed a few of the hooks and tried them on.

The first dress was simple and beautiful. It was spaghetti straps and went down into a V neck making my cleavage look great. The top was decorated with a flowery type lace on the top of the fabric that went down covering the entire thing. The skirt was ginormous with three the layers. The first one was a flowery lace and then another layer of plain lace and a layer of white silk.

 The first one was a flowery lace and then another layer of plain lace and a layer of white silk

I stared at my reflection. This dress was beautiful. "Holy shit Anna you look hot as hell. Harry would die over that one" I smirked at my best friend "It's gorgeous isn't it? We'll put that one in the yes pile."

The next dress I tried on was just a hothouse in its own way. This one was an off the shoulder dress with lace sleeved attached to it that start at my elbow almost. The sleeves where see through with fake white roses littered across of them. The top was deemed with white lines going across my torso. The skirt had the same roses littered across and all the way down. This one was less poofy but more long and elegant.

"Okay wow I thought the last one was the one but this dress is absolutely perfect

"Okay wow I thought the last one was the one but this dress is absolutely perfect." Emma gawked from behind me "You're making me want to get married." she whispered and I thought I could hear her voice crack at the end.

"You know that Sandy will propose soon enough. But yeah this one is pretty much perfect. But we still have one more to try on" I grab the last dress that I picked.

I slip into the dress and smooth it over my body. My eyes widen and so do Emma's behind me. "Wow." I whisper. "Who would've thought something so simple could look so damn good" Emma said walking towards me.

"This is the one"

~

Me and Emma decided to get food after we bought the dress. We went to Emma's favorite restaurant because I knew that something was going on and she needed an opportunity to tell me.

We sat down and ordered our food coming soon after. "Okay Emma something has been off all day. Spill" I say while she takes a bite of her cheeseburger. Her face turns panicked and then sad before she looks back up to me.

"Yeah I was getting to that." she starts. Emma's face scrunches up like she has just taken a bite out of a lemon like the words she is trying to speak are sour on her tongue.

"Anna recently I've been feeling sick..." My heart instantly drops and I know that what ever is going on with her is more than just a small bug or cold.

"Sandy made me go to the doctor last week and he did some tests and turns out I have cancer and it's not just something small in one area of my body...It's everywhere" she says her voice barley at a whisper.

I can feel my stomach and heart literally drop to my feet. I don't know what to say for a moment. I rush to my best friends side pulling her into me and embracing her as tight as I can.

"How long do you have?" I ask knowing that the end of Emma's life is near. "Three months" She whispers back and i just hold her in my arms sobbing.

"It's going to be okay Emma we're doing to do everything you want to do these next three months" I say pulling back and looking her in the eyes.

"But your wedding Anna. I'm gonna miss your wedding" she says like this is something I'm worried about. "That's not your fault Em. You helped me pick out my dress right? It'll be like a part of you is there with me"

"Yeah" she mumbles "Hey Em I love you. And i'm not going to treat you like your dying you're still my best friend who I'm going to take all around the world starting next week."

"Okay. I love you Anna." I hold my best friend tightly once again "I love you too" Both of our tears soak our cheeks as we both sit in the quiet and almost empty coffee shop just enjoying one another's company.

A/N Wowowowowowow it's been so long my friends. I took a bit of time off to focus on school because I was not doing my best. But now it is fall break and I'm gonna be writing a ton i promise! I missed you MWAH 💋