Chapter 33

POV Narrator  

(I highly recommend listening to the song while reading this chapter! Maybe have to repeat it some but it'll be worth it I promise. If anything you can listen to it on Spotify. Statues By Alexandre Desplat)

Atalanta had been taken to a room with the female rider

Atalanta had been taken to a room with the female rider. To give her a bath and fresh clothing.

The male staying back watching them go as did the younger brothers of Atalanta.

When she was out of ear shot they both of their heads snapped in the riders direction. He just smirked and the men narrowed their eyes.

"Where did you find her?!" They hissed and he held his hands up looking to the dragons which were walking past them.

Heading in the direction of which the white haired female left in.

"All will be answered soon enough. Go get cleaned and calm some." He spoke before following after his female dragon.

He laid his hand on her tail and smiled. "She let you out didn't she..." he whispered and with the bond between them, he could tell he was correct.

——

Atalanta stared at Rose petals in the water. Her white hair having grown multiple inches since she had joined the quest.

It stopped right below her belly button and she looked at her exposed skin. The scars of her battles etched across her skin.

"My lady..." The female rider spoke entering the room with normal civilian clothing on.

She looked to the female who did not respond to her call. So she took the chance to look the female up and down.

Her body was toned and curved around the right edges. Her skin was porcelain pale yet they carried many scars.

The female gently walked forward and looked to the back of Atalanta.

She sucked in a breath when upon her back were marks of lashes. Harsh brutal lashes.

"When our people went into ruin...Azog the Defiler and his master decided that dragons needed to go first....they killed most of my family in front of me..." Atalanta whispered and the riders heart slowly broke listening to her.

"...I watched my siblings be slaughtered like cattle... my pregnant mother...slaughtered when she put up a fight....I listened to the screams of my people and could do nothing..."

The rider frowned looking down as tears entered her eyes.

"...I was punished and whipped and used as tool....Finally Elrond...the elves...the men of Gondor saved my life...freeing me..." she whispered and Atalanta gripped her fist tightly.

"...I am no queen..." she whispered to herself and the rider frowned shaking her head coming forward.

"You are a queen. Mine. You are Atalanta Stormborn. When we speak of your tales the people will love you."