Figuring It Out

(Setting of this story is 2015, currently in January. I'll be marking months so I don't lose track.)
(TW; Use of a homophobic slur and telling someone to harm themselves.)

(Song - Ydg - Of Mice & Men)

Alex kissed his beautiful three month old daughter Elise Isobel Gaskarth goodbye as he dropped her off at her mother's house Sunday evening, "Bye baby girl. I'll see you Tuesday. I love you so so so much, my beautiful little lovebug." He grinned at the smiling blonde baby who shared his dimples, small mouth, nose and facial structure. She was almost identical to him. Her mother, Ellie hated it. Alex's schedule with Ellie was Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. He got the weekends because Ellie wanted them for herself. He didn't fully understand that, but it meant more time with his daughter, and he loved that.
"Okay Alex, god damn. Get over it. Go." Ellie glared and slung Elise's bag over her shoulder and took her from Alex. 
Alex frowned a little, but nodded, "Sorry. I just love my kid. Is that too much of an issue for you?" He glared a tiny bit at her, but refused to argue in front of Elise. That wouldn't be fair to her at all. Ellie sighed, "No. It's not. I'm sick of this though. You act like you're her perfect parent. You don't even let your parents babysit her." She rolled her eyes. Elise practically lived with Ellie's mom, despite the fact that Ellie lives in the same house.
"Yeah well, at least I spend more time with her than you do, Ellie. I'm sorry that you're so caught up with everything else that you can't be bothered to do much with Elise. I try to make up for that. If you hate it, then fine, you hate it, but don't knock my parenting and how I choose to spend time with her. That's up to me." Alex glared, his words becoming bitter. He didn't hate Ellie, not at all. He just wished like hell that he didn't get so drunk that night a year ago and gotten a girl pregnant, especially considering the fact that he's about as gay as they come. He's the fucking president of the sparkly rainbow club. 
Ellie just sighed and closed the door in Alex's face, muttering "See you Tuesday" Before the door closed.

Monday morning, Alex got in his car and drove towards his school, contemplating everything. Not once ever would he ever regret his daughter, ever. He just wished that he didn't have her this way, she deserves a better father than a seventeen year old idiot. He's a good father, he'll give himself that, but he's not a great father. Last year in January 2014, he got way too damn drunk. In October 2014 on the 27th, he officially became a father. Here he is in January again, wondering how the hell he got here. Except he knows exactly how. 

* I stumbled through the room, laughing as I fell over for the thousandth time, sloshing my vodka all over myself. "Ewww." I laughed at myself. 
"You okay?" A pretty blonde girl asked me, looking rather amused at me. 
I shook my head, "I am so drunk" I giggled again.
"You're giggling. Oh my gosh. You're so cute. I'm Ellie." She smiled and took my hand.
"Baby, my name's Alex." I grinned and squeezed her hand.
"Let's go upstairs and clean your shirt off, you have food and booze all over it. You're soaked." She led me upstairs into a room. 
I had a feeling about what was going to happen, but fuck it. I'm drunk. She's alright looking for a girl. No guy has wanted to fuck me yet, so why not right?

I swear I thought I pulled out on time. No condom, of course. Irresponsible drunk teenagers.*

Alex parked his car in the parking lot and walked inside the school, bag slung over his shoulder, caramel bangs in his face.
He walked by the boy with the buzzcut, "Hey Ri." He mumbled as he approached his locker, knowing Rian was following him. Rian is his best friend, captain of the drum line and overall dweeb who doesn't follow any dweeby things. Just a general dweeb.
"Hey Alex, what's up? You get Elise back?" He asked, watching Alex put his unneeded books in his locker. 
Alex sighed, "Yeah last night, she's all good. Ellie could do with something with her though. I guarantee you, Linda is watching her when Ellie gets home from school today." Ellie goes to a different high school. Hence why no one here knew she was pregnant, let alone that the gayest boy on campus was the father. 
Rian shook his head, "Why is she just not interested in her?" He asked curiously, walking with Alex to their first class. English. Alex really liked English.
"No idea dude, but it pisses me off. She had the nerve to tell me that I never let my parents watch her? Like...What? Is that some sort of insult? Because that just means I'm spending time with her, and my parents do watch her, quite often actually. They don't parent her, but they babysit from time to time for a couple hours if I need it on weekends." He pulled the door open to their classroom and gave Rian the 'shut the fuck up about it now' look.
Rian nodded, "Well, I won't see you after school today, I have to practice. You might see Zack though later if you guys wanna hang out." He took his seat on the opposite side of the classroom.
Alex sat down in his seat and sighed. Zack goes to the same high school that Ellie goes to, but of course, Zack doesn't say anything there either. He does keep Alex informed though. No one there knows that Alex is Elise's father. As far as they're apparently concerned, Elise has an unknown piece of shit dad, and Elise's last name is Taylor, which is Ellie's last name. That shit made Alex's blood boil, but he knew he had to just shut up about it. Bite the bullet and deal with it.