Sweater Weather

(Song: Sweater Weather - The Neighborhood)

Alex spent all week dealing with an attorney, out of school, filing paperwork, basically turning into a whole adult without being one, dealing with things he never thought he'd have to deal with.
Jack still hasn't talked to him. Not once, he won't even look at him. He's avoided Rian too. Rian stuck by Alex's side a lot, and Zack has come over a few times. Zack told Alex all about how Ellie just literally moved on. No idea what she even said, because Zack didn't have anything to say about it, meaning Ellie didn't say a word, that or she doesn't have a good excuse for anything and she's cooking up something that sounds plausible. Alex hates that girl with every fiber of his being. Apart from one thing. She gave him his daughter. He doesn't hate her for that. He could never. 
Still, he was planning a court date with her to grant him custody with visitation rights for her if she wants them. Their attorney didn't even argue it. Ellie just said okay. Alex chose to not ask for child support. He wants nothing from her. So the court date is pending. 

Alex's mom made sure that all of her shifts were night shifts so that she could watch Elise while Alex goes to school. He hates that, but with the attorney fees, they can't afford childcare. He thought about how bad he needs to get a job, but his mom and dad refuse to let him until he's graduated, they want him to get as much as he can out of school, and spend as much time with Elise as he can, and god damn it makes him feel guilty as hell.  
Navigating being a full time parent is scary. 

It's Saturday and Alex is out with Rian. Alex bundled in a thick grey sweater, Rian in a Green Day hoodie, their winter coats in the car. They're spending their day just walking through the mall, pushing Elise in her stroller. They'd stopped a few places and didn't find anything, so they headed into the PacSun to look around, not like Alex really liked much of what they sell. They have decent jeans though. 
They walk in and start looking around.
Alex finds this cute shirt, it's a girl's shirt but it's so cute. It's a red and dark grey distressed flannel, fitting well but Alex already has a somewhat feminine figure. The little dip on his sides, his tiny waist, his stick thin legs with a little thigh to them, he could wear women's clothes and get away with it. He grabbed the shirt and held it up to himself, "Rian it's so cute! Hold the stroller." Rian grabbed the stroller just smirking at his best friend, "It is cute Lex." He laughed a tiny bit, looking at Elise in her stroller, "Your dad is nuts." She cooed and smiled up at him.
Alex took his jacket off and pulled the flannel on, looking at himself in it, then turning around, "Rian do you like it? I need help. I like it." He stared at his best friend for fashion advice. His best friend who is about as straight as they come, apart from making out with Zack once during a drinking game, who would live in shorts and t shirts if he could. Rian knows nothing of fashion, but he's Alex's only friend, so. That's what Alex is stuck with.
Rian has been getting better though, knowing Alex's needy ways by now. He'd been paying more attention to the clothes and such that Alex likes. "It looks great, honestly. I like it a lot. I won't ever understand why you pay so much money for clothes already filled with holes, but that's your prerogative" Rian picked Elise up out of her stroller and snuggled her because he wanted to. That's what Uncle RiRi the big teddy bear does. Fuck that stroller.
Alex laughed a little, "Thanks dad." He rolled his eyes, took the shirt off and draped it over the stroller handle. He pushed the empty stroller down to the wall that held the jeans. He tilted his head. Girls jeans gave him the low sitting waistline he liked, and they were much tighter around his legs, which he loved. He grabbed a few pairs of his size, "I'm trying these on." He grabbed a couple guy pairs too, just because he saw some that he really liked. To put it honestly, Alex wasn't the person who's afraid to wear women's clothes. Someone could dare him to go out in full lingerie and he'd do it with a grin on his face.

Rian sighed and looked at Elise, "Your dad is going to be the best person for you to go shopping with, I swear to god little lady. Take my advice now, don't let me shop for you. I mean. All baby clothes are cute, but don't ask me for fashion advice past like...The age of 10. I'm barely learning why your dad prefers girIs jeans to guys jeans, and hoodies from the women's section rather than the men's. He says it's all fitted better, tighter on him and less baggy. I don't get it. Either way, he'll be a great shopping partner for you." He rolled his eyes a little looking at the fitting room door, then looked down at Elise who was staring at her hands, moving her arms up and down with a focused look on her face.
Alex let out a little squeal and popped out of the dressing room, "Look at these Ri! They fit so good!" He was wearing the maroon skinny jeans he got from the women's side of the wall. They hugged his hips perfectly, were super tight against his tiny legs and sat low, with his boxer briefs poking out of the top. Just the way he liked it. 
Rian's eyes widened at the squeal, then looked Alex up and down, "They do look good, a little tight and low fitting for my taste, but you always look nice and I think what? A majority of your jeans are girls jeans?" He questioned, looking at the jeans again.
Alex shrugged, "Maybe they are. Maybe not. Either way, I look fucking good." He walked in front of the mirror and turned around, head over his shoulder staring at his ass, "Oh my god!" He squealed again, "These make my ass POP!" Emphasis on the last P. 
Rian just stared at him in disbelief, "My god, could you get anymore gay?" He laughed.
Alex shrugged, "Probably. Why, you wanna see? Perv." He winked at Rian, walked up to him and traced down Rian's chest and to his waistband with his finger.
Rian shook his head, "Good lord, you are the most obnoxious flaming homo I've ever met." He rolled his eyes and smiled at Elise who was now grinning at her dad now.
Alex grinned back at her, leaned down and kissed her nose. He looked up at Rian and shrugged, "You know you love it. Plus, I'm the only flaming homosexual fucking queen that you know, RiRi." He kissed Rian's cheek, then went back in the dressing room and tried his last few pairs of jeans, then back into his own. He walked out of the dressing room with all four pairs in tow. He put them in the stroller then made his way to the checkout. He earned some weird looks from the male cashier, who had seen and heard him a few minutes ago.
Alex just smiled a seductive looking smile at him, raising his eyebrows a little, the most suggestive look on his face.

Rian stood behind him looking at the cashier apologetically for Alex being his usual obnoxious self. 
Alex paid, then wrote his number on part of the receipt, tore it off and slid it to the cashier, "I'm a fun time, and I have even tighter jeans than those if you like that sort of thing." He winked, then pushed the stroller with his bags now in the bottom storage area, walking out of the store.
Rian snatched the number back from the traumatized looking cashier, stuffed it in his pocket and joined Alex, "Will you stop hitting on straight guys? He looked like he was about to shit his pants." He lifted Elise up so her head was on his shoulder now.
Alex giggled, "What? He was cute. I can't help it. It's my goal in life to turn a straight man at least bisexual or bicurious, or hell. Maybe even gay. Pop that homo right out of him." He shrugged and headed towards the food court. Elise needed to be fed soon, and he was hungry. Rian's always hungry. 
"I'm getting lemonade and a hot dog on a stick, that way I can pretend it's a dick." Alex grinned an obnoxious grin at Rian, purposely trying to embarrass him.
"Jesus christ Alex. People are gonna hear you and think this is my kid, because you're basically shitting rainbows and farting glitter." He laughed, "Whatever though, that sounds good." 
They got their food, and Alex managed to eat his food normally, apart from at first when he deep throated it, literally getting the massive corndog all the way down his throat to the stick, with Rian's eyes going wide, "Shit, you should teach my girlfriend how to do that." He smirked.
Alex laughed, "It's my own secret. I can't just teach anyone how to choke on a cock like I can. It's my best talent, can't be giving it away. If I did, I wouldn't get enough men wanting me to mouth fuck their dicks, and I need all the men I can get."He winked. Rian just stared at him, traumatized.
Alex shrugged, "You act like I haven't talked like this since like. 7th grade. I just didn't act on it til freshman year." He grinned innocently, watching as Rian made Elise's bottle and started feeding her.

After walking around more and getting Elise some new clothes in a bigger size since 3's were getting tight, they went back to Alex's house. Alex unloaded his stash in his room and put Elise down for a nap. He went downstairs with the baby monitor and sat down on Rian's lap. Rian pushed him off, "You are so fucking obnoxious" He laughed.
Alex shrugged, "I just wanted to cuddle." He pouted. Rian rolled his eyes and put his arm around Alex.
Alex cuddled into his side, laying his head on his chest. "Thanks Ri." He said quietly.
Rian nodded, "Anytime cuddle buddy. Come on, let's watch something." He looked at the time, "And don't forget your pill, it's in an hour." He moved so he was more or less laying on the couch, Alex followed him down, his leg over Rian's, his head on Rian's chest still, "Such a good day until the pill is brought up." He sighed, watching Rian turn the TV on, scrolling the channels for something to watch.
Rian looked down at Alex with a sympathetic look. He understood just how much Alex hated the things wrong with him, not that Rian even thought they were wrong. They're just Alex. They're part of him. He did remember the worst breakdown though. He remembered how genuinely scared he was for Alex, and how scared of Alex he was. He never wanted to see that side of Alex again, never wanted to hold onto his best friend for dear life while the worst was happening. He was very strict with Alex and his medication whenever he was at Alex's house.
"I know you don't like to talk about it Alex, but I remember, and I don't want to see you like that again. So please, just take the pill in an hour and we can move on from it." Rian rubbed Alex's back.
Alex just buried his face in Rian's chest, "Fine." He muttered, not bothering to look at the TV anymore and not wanting to talk about it. He'd have another panic attack if he did, and today has been a good day so far.

Rian picked some stupid game show on GSN (the Game Show Network) and turned his attention on that, idly rubbing Alex's back, sometimes playing with his hair. Alex loved having his hair played with. Rian did these things for Alex quite often, even out in public if Alex needed it. So if it meant that it looked like he was Alex's boyfriend, he didn't care no matter how much shit he gave Alex for being so extremely obnoxious out in public. He never wanted to see his brother during his worst times again. 
The show ended and Alex hadn't moved a muscle. Rian looked down at him, "Lex?" He asked quietly, shaking him a little. Alex didn't move much, but he did let out a tiny sigh, snuggling himself into Rian more. Rian smiled a little at his sleepy friend and just kept rubbing his back, finding another show for him to watch while he let Alex sleep, he needed it now more than ever.