𝐃𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝

~ Ditched ~
~*Part Seven*~

~ Ditched ~~*Part Seven*~

~*~*~

"Why did you and Dad fight?" Ysn asks as I tuck him in bed.

I sigh, "We just have disagreements with each other. Now go to sleep." I kiss his forehead and start to walk towards his bedroom door, but he calls me.

"Mom?"

I turn away from the door, "Yes, Ysn?"

"Can you stay with me until I fall asleep?"

I grin, "Okay." I walk to his bed and sit next to him, smiling down at him as his eyes became droopy.

"Mom?" He sighs, closing his eyes and getting ready to fall asleep.

"Yes, sweetie?"

"Do you still like Dad?"

I raised my eyebrow, "What do you mean?"

Ysn yawns and moves closer to me, "Like love him?"

I pause and think.

I don't know, do I?

He's given me a lot of shit over the years but...

"I don't know." I pet Ysn's head, silently repeating, "I don't know."

I could feel myself getting sleepy; after a heated argument, it takes a lot of energy out of you. I could hear walking footsteps away from Ysn's door; Michael was eavesdropping. I would get irritated but I was too tired. I kiss Ysn on his forehead and get up from his bed, starting to walk to my bed in the guest bedroom.

Once I opened the door, I close it behind myself then run and jump onto the bed, hurting myself. I sit up on the bed and hold my side as I groaned in pain. I get up from the bed and walk towards a mirror, lifting my shirt to check my bruise. I gasped as I stared at it. The bruise got bigger and changed color; it used to be this light purple but now it dark.

Maybe I should go to the hospital.

No! It'll get better over time; we don't need to go.

But this looks deadly.

Yeah, and we can just deal with that.

The argument with both sides of my brain ended up hurting my head but I've made a decision.

I'm going to the hospital.
I need to stay alive for my son.
I haven't seen him in what feels like decades and my body is starting to give out.

I can't allow this.
I need to live.

I place my shirt down and walk towards the bedroom door, wanting to get out until I got a head rush. I held my head for a moment, holding myself up until the head rush passed. When I did, I opened the guest bedroom door and walked into the hallway, trying to walk closer to Michael's room.