𝐃𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝

An: It's 8PM and I'm posting Part Eight of Ditched!

"Coincidence, I think not!"
(Incredibles meme quote)

~ Ditched ~
~*Part Eight*~

~ Ditched ~~*Part Eight*~

~*~*~

3 weeks later...

I slowly open my eyes, seeing a bright light above me. I slightly moved and tried to close my open mouth, but a tube was keeping it open. I groaned as I tried to open my eyes wider, but the light kept bugging me. I raise my hands over my head, blocking the light. I looked around with squinted eyes; this place looked familiar.

The first thing I noticed was my Ex-husband, asleep on the side of my hospital bed.

He looked cute.
Wait, what am I thinking?

I'm supposed to still be angry at him.

I thought to myself, trying to remember what's happened to me.

Okay, let's recap these few years.

Michael cheated, took my son away from me, remarried, and sent me to jail.
But he also bailed me out, left Lisa, took care-ish of Ysn, and gave me a place to live.

I can't help but still love him.
But that ugh feeling will always stick with me.

I may have forgiven him but it doesn't mean I forgot.

I place one of my hands in his hair, petting his head like a cat. I haven't felt his curls in so long, it's been too long. They were so soft and nice. I knew Michael always took care of his hair.

Ever since I scrubbed his hair in the shower, he's been wanting me to take showers with him.

But that was in the past.
Before all that has happened.

As I subconsciously petted my ex-husband's hair, Michael moved his head which caused me to quickly fade into reality and pull my hand away. He sighed as he moved his head closer to me, wanting to be near me.

I would push him off but... he looked adorable when he slept.

I started to pet his hair again, feeling my heart flutter suddenly.

Is this..?
No, I can't.

I'll just get my heart broken again.

I moved my hand away from my ex when he started to move again. Michael moved his head upward, trailing his eyes towards me. I got a good look at his face, with his tired look. His face was slightly dented from the sheets but his small stubble beard was showing as well as his depressed brown eyes.