Chapter 11 - Thorin's Plan

Later that night, Elrond and Thorin discussed the map. I was not invited to attend, so I sought out Bilbo. I found the hobbit wandering the halls.

"Bilbo!" I called. Startled, he looked up. He smiled when he realized it was me.

"Hello, Jaedda," he greeted.

"Do you have your sword?" I asked.

He nodded. "It's right here." He pulled it out of his sheath.

"Would you like me to teach you some fencing while we have a chance?"

He nodded violently. "Oh yes! I would like that very much."

I chuckled. "Well then let's go."

We walked together outside into the courtyard. Even though I was still in a dress, I was ready to start fencing. I had grabbed my sword earlier on, and probably looked quite ridiculous in my dress, with my legs spread and sword pointed. I laughed at the thought.

"What's so funny?" Bilbo asked.

"Nothing," I replied. "Alright now spread you legs and lean in my direction with your right side, and point your sword at me."

He did as I instructed. "Now what?"

"Either you or your opponent will strike first, so make your move, master Baggins."

He lunged forward and swung the sword at me. I blocked it with my own sword.

"Very nice," I complimented. "Good form."

He nodded and smiled.

"Have you given the sword a name yet?" I asked. "I heard Balin tell you it didn't have one."

He shook his head. "No," he said reluctantly. "I believe the perfect name will come to me when the time is right."

"That would probably be wise."

We continued training long into the night. The moon became visible from behind the clouds, shining white and silver down on us.

I wiped sweat from my forehead. "I think that is enough for tonight, master Baggins. It's getting late."

"Alright." He put his sword back into his sheath. "Thank you very much, Jaedda. I very much appreciate it."

I laughed. "It's quite alright Bilbo. You are actually an excellent swordsman."

He smiled. "Thank you, miss Thorn! Goodnight!" He ran off in the direction of his room.

I walked down the hallway to my room and removed my dress. I put on a sleeping gown that I found in the wardrobe and brushed my hair out.

The moonlight poured into the room from the open window. I pulled a chair next to it and sat there, watching it and admiring its beauty.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder. Startled, I jumped away.

"Calm down, it's just me," a deep voice spoke.

"Thorin?" I asked.

"Who else would I be?"

I let out a sigh of relief. "I didn't even hear you enter."

"Yes, I came in silently; I didn't know if you were asleep or not."

"Oh," I said. "Thank you for considering me."

He lit a candle, revealing his face. It had great concern on it.

"Might I ask what Elrond had to say?" I inquired.

"I showed him the map," Thorin explained. "The moon runes said that we have to make it to the Lonely Mountain by Durin's day. And that the last light of Durin's day will shine upon the keyhole."

"Well, we have quite a while until Durin's day," I comforted.

"But do we have enough time?" He put his hand on his forehead and sat down on his bed and began removing his boots. "Besides, Lord Elrond does not deem it wise that we go."

"Well, what are we going to do?" I asked.

He looked up. "Go to the mountain, of course," he answered. "We leave at first light tomorrow. Gandalf said that he will stall the Elves while we make our escape."

I nodded. "And what of Gandalf?"

"We shall wait for him to join us in the Misty Mountains." He took his shirt off and wore nothing but his trousers.

"Well then, I suppose we had better get some rest," I suggested. "The Misty Mountains are a ways away from Rivendell."

He nodded. "Goodnight, then." He blew out the candle.

"Goodnight, Thorin."

I slid under the covers and slipped into a much desired slumber, the first in two days.

_________________________

Yes short short short I'm sorry but I have to go to school now! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT I WILL NEVER STOP ASKING SO JUST DO IT ALREADY!😁 BYEEEEE