Depressed I

Obi-Wan walked though the halls of the Negotiator. He has made sure all his men were okay, they had a tough battle on a mud planet recently. They lost most of their men.

He has yet to see one man: Cody. The Commander seemed to have not left his room at all these past 3 days. Kenobi walked up to the door and knocked. The door opened, and he saw Cody. He was in his armor and it was still dirty.

"Sir?"

"Cody, are you alright? The rest of the men are eating."

"Tell Waxer he can eat my ration bar again."

"When is the last time you have eaten Cody?"

"I don't know. Now go eat, General. You deserve it."

Cody shut the door on Obi-Wan. Kenobi knocked again but there was no response. He used the force to open the door, and saw his Commander typing on a data pad.

"Can't that wait, Cody? You should eat."

"I am just doing the men's paperwork first. They deserve a break."

"You are doing all of the paperwork? Tell the men that they should do it themselves."

"Sir, it was my plan that killed most of the men. So, I am doing the paperwork."

"Cody, that is not how it works."

"It is to me."

Cody walked over to the General, and started pushing him out. Kenobi stopped himself, and grabbed Cody's helmet. The clone put his hands over the General's, preventing him from taking the helmet off.

"Cody, what is wrong? The other men are fine now."

"Nothing, sir."

"Cody, I order you to come with me to the mess."

"I have paperwork. I have to finish that first," Cody said while going back to his small desk.

"Stop doing paperwork, Cody. You have to be hungry."

"I am not hungry, sir."

"Cody, you have to eat."

"Nope."

"At least clean your armor."

"Sorry sir, but I have to be reminded of the men I killed."

"Cody! You killed no men! We agreed to your plan."

Cody looked down. "Yes I did."

Kenobi walked over to his Commander. "You did not, the enemy did."

Cody sat down and groaned. His back seemed to be in pain. "Stop trying to push the blame away from me. It's easier to blame me. I'm just a clone anyways."

Kenobi sat down on the floor, and couldn't see Cody's expression through the muddy helmet. He reached up, and held onto the Commander's helmet. Cody sighed, and Kenobi took off his helmet. Cody's face was bloody and was covered in mud. Not his blood, though. His brothers. The clone also had big bags under his eyes and traces of a beard.

"Cody, you should really get clean. You don't want to infect your scar."

"I deserve it, sir."

Cody got up, and took the helmet from his General and slapped it back into his head. He grabbed his datapad and started doing paperwork. Kenobi took the datapad away and headed towards the mess. Cody groaned, but refused to go. Kenobi hoped that the clone would follow, but he instead saw Cody lying on the floor. The clone had been so tired that he just fell asleep on the floor.

Obi-Wan went down and picked up the Commander. He took the armor plating off the clone and put him on the bed. Kenobi thought about how risky it would be to leave Cody alone. The clone would probably just start working again. Kenobi curled up into the clone's thigh and went to sleep.

Emoji of the Day: 🫀