Spader

This is the story of when Spader learned he was force-sensitive. Enjoy! Spader's POV...

The younglings quickly ran out of the shuttle and followed General Yoda into the cave. My squad mates followed after the younglings and I soon decided to catch up. I looked at my squad and they smiled under their helmets.

They call us the Credit Squad. We are the best gamblers in the GAR. Ace, our leader, basically pulls us everywhere. We win bets, and make the credits. Diamond is his right hand man. Clubs, Heartly, and I all are the ones who do the bets. Some of those bets are horrid also.

'Hey Clubs, go drink from the toilet! An ARC over there is betting 20 credits!' Ace laughed.

Heartly and I looked at each other, hoping that Clubs didn't give in.

'I mean, I have to do it. For the credits.'

'Dude you will be sick,' Heartly yelled.

'DO IT!' Diamond said.

'Clubs do it or else our reputation will be doomed. I will have to remove your tattoo is you don't.'

We have tattoos on all of our left wrists. They are all our chosen card symbols and Ace's 'A'. Clubs walked over to a toilet and slurped the water. It was slightly yellow.

'Does the cantina owner ever clean the toilets?'

'Probably not, Clubs.'

Clubs started puking in the toilet and everyone started laughing.

My squad mates and I looked around the cave, and saw a waiting area type room in the middle. General Yoda led us around, and we stood at ready. We were here to protect the younglings just in case anything went wrong. The General motioned for the five younglings to gather around.

"Here for the Gathering, you five are. Get your kyber crystals, you will. Build a lightsaber, you also will. Take a clone with you, you shall."

Even without looking at Ace's face, I could tell he was shocked. We were about to go into a sacred Jedi cave with younglings.

"Split up, you shall."

The younglings looked at us, and each chose one of us. I looked down and saw a small human girl. She looked excited, and I tried to be optimistic.

"My name is Maxine, but my friends just call me Max," the girl said.

"I am Spader."

We shook hands, and walked to the cave. Max jumped around, and I turned on my flashlight. Good thing my helmet came with one. I could hardly see.

"We are trying to look for a crystal for you until he dark?"

"I can see it. You can't. Unless I wasn't listening enough earlier. Oh well. But no matter, I know we only have the day before we are trapped. So we better hurry, Spader."

We looked for hours. She suddenly gasped and I sighed in relief. We found it.

"We can go back now, right?"

"Yes we can, Spader."

We started heading back and I felt a headache. I put my hands on my head, and Max looked worried.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah, kid, I think it is just a headache."

"Ok. Don't worry, we will be out soon!"

We continued and I suddenly felt a surge of pain. I saw a light tunnel and motioned for Max.

"There is light over there. Real bright, in fact. We should go that way."

"It's dark over there, Spader."

"No it isn't."

I walked over to the light, and saw a light. It seemed to be coming from a rock. Max looked confused, and I grabbed the light.

"This will lead the way! It's bright, isn't it?"

"I don't see anything, Spader."

I gave it to her, and she gasped. "Spader, this is a kyber crystal. Can I have it?"

"Yeah. Whatever."

"YAY! The force gave me not one but two sabers then!"

I laughed, knowing that the crystal was destined for her. We kept going back when suddenly the floor started shaking. We fell about 20 feel into a deeper cave. I looked around, and the only way up was to climb.

"Hey kid, get on my back. I can get us up there."

"Ok."

The girl climbed on my back and I started going up. The ice was pretty stable for just recently collapsing. We made it all the way up, and I got Max up. We continued, and I saw all of these beautiful ice sculptures on the ceiling. They seemed to be very unstable.

"Max, the icicles above is are very unstable. Be careful."

"I will, and if not, the force."

I laughed, and we saw the end. General Yoda and the others were there. Max ran out, and saw her friends. I followed, and suddenly, the icicles started to fall. I dodged them, and got out.

The kids put their crystals on the table, and General Yoda looked up.

"5 crystals, there should be. 6, there are. Found two, did someone?"

"Spader found me a second one."

Master Yoda looked at the clones. He can't tell between us, since our armor is all the same white. The boys pointed at me, and I waved.

"Find one, how?"

"It was glowing, sir. I gave it to her."

"Yours, the crystal is. Force-sensitive, you must be."

"Impossible, sir, Spader is a clone like us!" Ace said.

"Mistakes, people make. Possible, it is."

I looked at Max, who gave me the crystal. My brothers and I looked at it, and we walked out.

We went to the ship and I put the crystal in my finished saber. It was blue, and I looked at it in awe. My brothers bet how much they could sell it for, but I just put it away so I could tell them that it wasn't for sale. They didn't listen. They just want more credits.

Emoji of the Day: 🏆