Depressed IV

Cody's eyes suddenly fluttered open, and he looked up. His vision was blurry and he punched the person above him in self defense.

"Ow, Cody!" Obi-Wan laughed. Cody's vision slowly got clearer and he saw the General.

"I am so sorry, sir!"

"It is okay, Cody. Maybe keeping you awake would have been more challenging."

"What did you do to me?"

"You were dirty. You still had mud all over yourself from last mission. And that was almost a week ago. Plus, the last time you were awake you ran into the sewer."

"So?"

"You hardly take care of yourself. You take care of your brothers but not yourself."

Cody groaned and fell backwards. Kenobi looked at the clone with patience. He knew that if he faked a recovery the Jedi may stay away. But he can't just fake being happy with himself any longer. Cody closed his eyes, and acted like he went to sleep. Kenobi soon started writing on his arm, and Cody slapped the pen out of Obi-Wan's hand. Kenobi walked over and grabbed the pen.

"You can't complain about ink poisoning, Cody. You have done this your whole life."

"It's not that you are writing it's what you are writing. Lies," Cody said, opening his eyes.

Kenobi sat his Clone Commander up, and looked at Cody. Cody's eyes shifted to the ground, and he avoided eye contact. Kenobi touched his commander's scar, and Cody pulled himself to the corner of the bed.

"I prefer the truth, not lies," Cody said.

"Cody, you are the most loyal, intelligent, and handsome person I know. Have you ever looked at yourself?" Kenobi said while turning Cody's chin towards him. Cody took a while to trust him with eye contact.

"If I am all of those things, then the others are better," Cody said, staring into Kenobi's blue eyes.

Kenobi stood up, and took Cody to his mirror. He stood Cody right in front of it.

"What do you see?"

"Um, myself? What is this, sir?" Cody said while crossing his arms and turning around.

"No, what do you see."

Cody looked in the mirror. He saw that he looked alive, unlike these past few months. He had no eyebags, a beardless face, vibrant eyes, and he had no dirt on his face.

"Um, a clone?"

"Yeah. What is so special about this clone?"

"He is weak and a bad commander."

"No!"

"I don't want to play this game, sir..."

"He has made sacrifices."

"And? Everyone makes sacrifices."

"This clone used to sacrifice everything for his brothers. He became so obsessed with hating on himself. Which means, that he was being careless because by not helping himself, he cannot help others."