Acquiring the friendship of Tsukishima Kei (1)

Yachi has come to learn to be friends with everyone in the Karasuno Volleyball team. Well, almost everyone. The only person that stands in her way of being everyone's friend is none other than Tsukishima Kei. That cold and salty giraffe who always seem to glare at anything and everything, when he isn't angry, he is annoyed, when he isn't annoyed, he just teases you to oblivion!

Yachi is intimidated if it can even begin to explain how scared she is to interact with that salty Dinosaur. Even with his fragile-looking body that everyone talks about being scared to break, he still had a personality that just makes him look more intimidating than he looks out to be. But even with all these stacked against Yachi, she wasn't going to give up so easily.

So, she set out to befriend the shut-off and reserved male. But it needs to be subtle, like an accidental friendship, Yachi remembered Yamaguchi telling her that Tsukishima hates strangers pestering him non stop, he'll hate her more if she is persistent and annoying.

That's right, she has to start from square one and work her way up. She doesn't need to push it, she has more than enough time to gain Tsukishima's trust. So, after only a month of being the volleyball team's manager, Yachi set her goal into befriending Tsukishima!

-

i

Yachi will start simple, a small conversation with Tsukishima would be enough right? She glanced at the bottle and towel she held then looked back at Tsukishima who was alone. She took a deep breath and walked up to him

"Here's your towel and bottle, Tsukishima-kun," Yachi popped up behind Tsukishima, who got startled a bit but he awkwardly mutters a thank you and grabbed the towel and bottle. Yachi gave a determined smile and nod. She looked around and found that no one was listening to them, not even a glance, now's her chance.

"Say, the third years are going off soon huh? It will be different when they're gone." She started, looking around to find Daichi shouting at Tanaka and Nishinoya. She glanced up at him then back to the rest. Tsukishima hummed in agreement.

"Are you worried when Kiyoko-san won't be here next year?" He asked her, which surprised Yachi since he wasn't the type to actually contribute to a conversation. Yachi laughed nervously, scratching the back of her head out of habit.

"I-It will be a big change- but I will try my best as the new manager to fill in Shimizu-san's shoes!" She gave an earnest answer. Tsukishima gave another nod and when Yachi wasn't looking, he gave a small smile. He looked like he wanted to say more, but he stopped at himself when Suga called for the girl. Yachi shot a quick smile to Tsukishima and rushed over.

Yachi was grinning, proud of herself to have actually talked to Tsukishima, she might actually have a chance to be his friend!

So every practice she would talk to the male, anything of random. She had learned that Tsukishima is a very approachable person, having almost any opinion on any topic, with given facts.

They had talked about literature once, he admits that he isn't good at the subject, but when he does understand, he finds himself wanting to research more on it. She noticed how genius he was at mathematical formulas and memorizing science experiments. Or how he can actually recite the periodic table by his memory, even knowing how each element worked.

Yachi began to be more amazed at the male every time they talked, although it was only 30 minutes per week, it was still enough to form a nice bond with Tsukishima. He was fascinating the more Yachi talked to him, it was like she was seeing a new side to him every single break and she just can't seem to want to know more.