Dinetee disguised

Sonnis was nearly to the Mountain, she had been half carrying the purple goddess, for she seemed far to weak to walk. It had  taken a long time to get this far even. Sonnis kept them both feed with her magical rod and some of the girls strength returned. She told Sonnis she was Dinetee. She didn't remember how she had fallen or why. She did remember with a shiver the spiders trying to nibble on her. Some of her injury was from their poisoned fangs. Otherwise it was an unhappy blur. She could not see at all. Blinded by Onicent she told Sonnis. In fact she told her whole story, how she had been born in the overworld and banished to the End. Her escape with Alora, her crime and then her punishment. 

Sonnis listened to the story sadly, for she knew her uncle was cruel. She wasn't sure how she would get Dinetee help.

When they were at the base of the mountain they were surprised by Rissa, who had been outside loitering waiting for Hermyra and Lyris to finish their music.

When Rissa saw them she approached.

"I don't know why you have brought her here." Rissa said, crossing her arms, "my father considers her a traitor."

"I know, but she is injured." Sonnis explained. "I need your brother to come down and heal her so she can go off again."

Rissa sighed dramatically, "it would be a miracle to get him off his throne. He has not stood since this morning, otherwise he wallows in bed trapped in misery."

"Why?"

"He fell in love, and then she was killed, or something." Rissa shrugged.

"A human then?" 

"Indeed."

"Curious." Sonnis said. "Though if we cannot convince him to come down then how shall I aid this goddess."

"You will have to take her to the palace I suppose," Rissa said, "though I suspect my father will fry her and you for good measure."

"Then will you help me?" Sonnis asked.

"And get fried myself?" Rissa said, "sure."

Sonnis tilted her head slightly, looking at the strange girl before her.

"I enjoy chaos, and this sounds like the perfect trick." Rissa offered in response. "Besides my father can be completely ridiculous."

"Dangerous words to speak aloud." Sonnis said, looking down at Dinetee. Rissa was reckless, but didn't seem in danger of revealing them. "I can disguise myself and Dinetee." Sonnis offered.

Rissa smiled, "then I will take Dinetee as you and get Epis to heal her right in the throne room." She looked giddy with the plan.

"I will have to come too," Sonnis said.

"As a nymph then, we have several who serve as maidens to my sister Feia."

Sonnis scrunched her face slightly, but agreed. 

"They do not know the difference?" she asked.

"Not at all, they hardly leave the palace." Rissa explained.

"Then why are you here."

Rissa shrugged again, "couldn't stand the terrible singing."

"Singing?"

"Yeah, you haven't been here for a long time have you?" Rissa said casually.

"No I haven't."

"Fair, I wouldn't be either, except I have to, because I'm one of them or whatever. No one in my family is as good or innocent as they seem."

Sonnis thought of Amos and agreed readily.

She took Dinetee and bathed her in the stream, then herself. Soon Dinetee looked just like her and she looked like a nymph.

"Good magic." Rissa commented, "does it have a weakness."

"Water I suppose."

"That might be a problem considering my brother never ceases to cry."

"A few drops wouldn't damage it as long as I stay near."

Rissa took Dinetee in her arms and together they went up the mountain.