Accused

It was Ilodeena who found the pool of blood first, closely followed by Airabella. Ilo had frozen standing in front of it.

"What has happened here?" Airabella cried out.

There was no one else in sight. Ilo cradled the child in her arms as she stared blankly at the ground, apparently no able to comprehend what she was seeing.

"Theres no trace or body." She whispered.

That was when there was footsteps in the hall. Amos walked in, looking calm. When Ilo saw him she rushed towards him crying out, "something terrible has happened. Theres blood, so much blood." 

Amos caught her in his arms and at once she thrust the child into his arms. He was surprised but took Vown from her. She sobbed horribly and leaned into Amos.

Airabella was watching the two of them, even in her distress she was teeming with questions.

"Did anyone hear anything?" She asked.

"I was with you," Ilo practically screamed out. "While I was with you there's been murder!"

Amos was trying to sooth her and the child. Airabella looked down at the puddle again then back at the couple. 

That was when Epis and Feia returned. Ilo screeched in fright when she saw them covered in blood. Amos caught her holding the son in one arm and Ilo in the other. He set her back on her feet.

"Which of you children did this!" Ilo said hysterics in her voice, she was pointing a finger accusingly.

Feia skink back from her. Epis's hands were covered in blood, and so was Feia's skirt. Airabella took this all in. All her children were safe then, for clearly the blood did not belong to either of them. Enisia was already asleep upstairs.

"What has happened?" She asked them, her voice more gentle now.

"Mother, I must tell you what I have seen." Feia said, her voice quavered with fear.

Feia whispered the story into her mothers ear. All along Ilo glared at them, tears still running down her cheeks. Amos just stood there, he looked dark and stormy.

Airabella straightened up. "I want both of you to go to your rooms and stay there till morning. Get some rest my loves." She said the last part more softly.

Epis and Feia nodded. Then Epis took Feia's hand and lead her away to their rooms.

"Ilo, I must ask you to take your son and go, I wish to speak to Amos alone." Airabella instructed. She could tell Ilodeena didn't want to leave. But Airabella was her Queen and therefore was to be listened too. There was a hesitancy in Ilo's steps.

"Sit down Amos," Airabella said, "and wait for me to return with your father."

Amos crossed his arms in front of himself looking sulky. He was not happy to be seated in a chair that wasn't his throne.

Airabella rushed off, fear filled her heart.