Balyn Transformed

Balyn ran down the hill, while she ran she slung the sword over her back. She tucked her hair into the helmet which bounced on her head. Then she was in the trees. She darted through the undergrowth giggling madly. Her father would be raged with her thievery but she could hardly care for that.

She jumped the river and kept running. That was when she spotted something among the branches. A furry creature with eight glowing eyes was staring at her. She raised her sword to slash it but it tilted her head at her and seemed to call her forward. She stopped confused. 

One of its eyes changed so it was glowing purple. Suddenly Balyn was grabbed from behind. She looked over her shoulder and saw green flesh. She struggled slightly but couldn't get free. 

The spider walked forward, and Balyn found herself being pushed to follow.

"Let go of me," she growled.

The two creatures didn't respond, instead they tightened there grip on her. As they marched other mobs joined them. Creepers peeked out from trees and crawled forward to join.

Balyn resolved to being marched forward. She held her head high and wondered if this was how her father would find her, being dragged around by monsters. She felt only rage at this treatment. 

Eventually they marched her to a cave entrance. They forced her below the surface and to a pool of lava. Then they stopped her in front of it.

From the darkness a voice mused, "what have you brought me...?"

Balyn jerked her head to look around and saw nothing in the darkness.

"Whoever you are, let me go," she said lowly.

The voice chuckled slightly, "dear child, you are but a pup still."

"Pup you may call me, but I have teeth," she growled.

There was a silence.

"You will do nicely, put a finger to the lava, you will understand."

Balyn looked at the lava at her feet and then around again. Then hesitantly she put a hand in.

Suddenly she understood everything and knew what needed to be done. She jumped into the pool of lava. All the monsters stood back in fear. For she rose again, but this time the girls pretty face was half marred by magma. She opened her eyes and saw half the cave seemed to glow. She felt stronger, more strong then she ever had.

"Yes you will do nicely. Rise Balyn, newly made daughter."

At her feet something small and black materialized, Balyn picked it up and put it on her head.