Healing

Feia screamed when she saw Neonee, her brother had slashed him over and over. Tripping over her own feet she ran to try to find help.

"Mother, Father, Enisia, Epis." She cried over and over. Not caring which room it was she sprinted into one. Epis had been lazing on his bed when Feia ran in. He was afraid when he saw her dress spotted in blood.

"Feia, what has happened?" He cried out, she rushed at him.

"Neonee. Front hall. Attacked." She was gasping her words so fast Epis only caught a few. "Theres so much blood."

Epis jumped up. "Take me to him." He said, trying to keep his voice calm.

"Follow me," Feia said. She ran down the hall, which startled Epis slightly, for he had never seen Feia run. He caught up with ease, being so much older and stronger. They came down to the dining room. 

Neonee lay on the floor, and immediately Epis saw the scratches on his face and those on his arms and legs. Some were deeper, and Epis was drew to those first. Neonee was stirring slightly now.

"Epis..?" He said weakly.

"Stay still," Epis said sternly. He felt the same glow in his hands.

"Can you do what you did for me?" Feia asked. She was knelt on Neonee's other side.

Epis nodded, and stroked his hand across Neonee's arm, the cuts began to shrink and close. He did the few on Neonee's face, many disappeared completely, but a few stayed as terrible scars. They were much worst than Feia's own.

Feia was clutching the edge of her veil now. Tears dripping from her unhurt eye onto the ground. She reached forward and took ahold of Neonee's hand.

Epis ran his hands over all the cuts and gashes. Neonee was littered with scars now. Epis felt bad for him, for the scars twisted his boyish face. But when he looked up at Feia he saw a small rueful smile on her face. He wasn't a god of love, but he could see his sister felt something for the boy at her feet.

Neonee began to stir and try to sit up. He jerked himself to his feet and stumbled. Feia sat up straighter and looked up at him.

"I should leave," Neonee said.

"No, stay here and rest." Epis said, he didn't know who Neonee's attacker had been.

"Its not safe here for me," he said, "help me walk to the edge of the forest."

Epis and Feia took him between them and helped carry him to the edge of the forest. Once there he dissolved in a shower of orange sparks.

Epis and Feia looked at each other.

"Who attacked him?" Epis asked, though he had a feeling he knew the answer already. Feia stood on her tippy toes and whispered into his ear.