{Shadow}

Chaeyoung thinks she was fooling herself when she thought that giving Lisa the cat she wanted so badly wouldn't be a problem.

It had all started in November, when the ash-brown haired woman with bangs had asked her for a pet. Chaeyoung knew that she'd always wanted to have a pet but was never able to have one due to her mother's allergies. Chae hadn't thought much of it -- sometimes, Lisa just mentioned things for the sake of mentioning. She wouldn't even remember she'd talked about it in a few days. Except, that wasn't really the case. Lisa had mentioned it again, and then again, and then once more. Roseanne realized that there wouldn't be much beating around the bush on this one -- and it's not like she hated the idea of getting a pet.

No, she actually loved animals, and she'd had many growing up, And because of that, she knows how difficult they can be when it comes to, you know, keeping her perfectly tidy and clean apartment, well, perfectly tidy and clean. So that 's why immediately she rules out puppies - they're adorable and cute, but they're definitely not known for being super organized and definitely super known for requiring a lot of attention -- and, well, Chaeyoung loves her girlfriend to death, but Lisa's enough trouble as it is.

So, they settle on a cat, which was kind of perfect – Lalisa did love cats a whole lot. So, Chaeyoung had made plans with her friend and her girlfriend's best friend, Jennie, to meet her up at the animal shelter their high school friend, Joy, owned to get Lisa the pet she so badly wanted. And, frankly, if this already didn't make Chaeyoung like, the best girlfriend in the entire universe, the fact that she was willingly submitting herself to what felt like hours of pussy jokes over the phone by Jennie, from the moment she told her she was getting Lisa a cat to the moment she'd hung up on her mid-joke would probably do it.

So, a few weeks into December, as soon as Lisa had left for work and Roseanne had gotten dressed, she'd shot Jennie a text to let her know she was leaving so they could meet at the shelter, getting a quick and vibrant "omgg can't wait to see what new pussy you're gonna take home today!!" in reply which almost got Chaeyoung to make an illegal U-turn and go right back home and forget all about this idea. Joy' animal shelter was about 15 minutes away from her apartment, and the shelter was connected to a petstore that Jennie's distant relative managed and co-owned with Joy.

Rosie parked her car in front of the shelter and got out, quickly making her way to the store and gasping loudly in surprise as a body collided with hers as soon as she'd stepped inside the shelter. Jennie had grabbed Roseanne in a bear hug and literally had swept the taller girl off her feet, squeezing the life out of her. Joy had told her to let Roseanne go with a smile, and when Jennie had complied, it was her turn to hug her friend. Joy gave Roseanne a quick peck on the cheek before she left to check on the dogs, telling Jennie to please behave.

Jennie grabbed Chaeyoung by the wrist and dragged her to the opposite direction of where Joy had disappeared into, where Chaeyoung knew the kittens to be at. Jennie had a big, excited smile on her face, and Roseanne wasn't quite sure if her excitement was more towards her best friend getting the pet she's always wanted, or towards the fact that her other best friend had practically handed her an opportunity to tease the fuck out of her on a silver platter. She gets her answer almost immediately.

"Okay, Rosie, you say your woman wants another pussy to play with, is that right?"

Jennie smirked, raising an eyebrow and a teasing sparkle appearing in her eyes. Roseanne just rolled her eyes.

"I thought this was a respectable, professional place?" She responded, feigning curiosity. "Oh, silly me, no place co-owned by your family could ever be professional."

Jennie fake gasped, feigning indignation, "You take that back before I tell Limario why you're afraid of birds."

Chaeyoung's eyes widened. "How do you know that?"