{rumors}

Chaeyoung had heard everything about the track stars infamous breakup with the schools linebacker.

She'd heard that it happened in the schools parking lot, on a rainy Tuesday afternoon. Some versions said she'd been caught with the head cheerleader under the bleachers, which prompted the breakup, (That, Cheayoung knew, was not true  as the head cheerleader was Jennie, Chaeyoung's best friend, who was as bewildered as Chaeyoung when she'd heard the rumor)

Other rumor she'd heard was that there was a lot of yelling, some dramatic arm waving, and it always ended with certain someone driving off on their purple vespa.

Ever since, the football team had started parading around the school like a bunch of dogs, sticking Jungkook, the linebacker, right in the middle of the pack, and treating him like a wounded puppy everytime they passed Lisa, the track star, in the halls. They'd purposely raise their voice, say something about how shit the relationship had been in the first place, and then saunter away.

Chaeyoung had heard a few various reactions to this - sometimes Lisa would, apparently, yell back. Other times, it seemed,she'd launch herself at whoever was talking (usually Jimin, the quarterback) with teeth and nails bared. Chaeyoung didn't know how much of this to believe. Seoul High was a rumor mill, after all, and things often got out of hand. There were whispers that Lisa was sleeping around, that she was a mess, a reckless playgirl after anyone with a pulse now that she and Jungkook were broken up. Others said she was a shell of a woman, that she'd suck all the light out of you if you got close and that's why Jungkook left her.

Because she may have been the track star and the school's best dancer, but Jungkook was the golden boy.

The linebacker with a perfect record.

The son of the principal.

He was untouchable, and Lisa was the girl from the wrongside of the tracks who learned to run so she could hide from her mother. (Chaeyoung had heard those rumors too - the ones passed around between her tight knit group of friends at 2am during long weekend sleepovers. The ones that told stories of how Lisa grew up with her father, who was a drunk and a bully, until she called child services when she was twelve and they found her mother, living in the outskirts of Seoul. And while her mother wasn't a drunk, Chaeyoung figured there had to be a bigger reason for the bags under Lisas eyes besideslack of sleep. She didn't know how much of it was true, however, but the information came from Joy, who's mother was a vice principal at Seoul High, so she supposed most of it must be accurate to some degree.)

So yeah, Chaeyoung had heard all about Lisa and Jungkook's breakup. From everyone except for Lisa.

Chaeyoung shared two classes with the black haired girl; World History, and Psychology. Lisa sat at the back of the room in both of them, while Chaeyoung was content to sit front and center. Whenever she cast her gaze towards Lisas end of the class, she'd usually catch her drawing, but never answering questions or looking up to pay attention to the lessons. She held herself in this undisturbed silence, not talking and not listening, just focused on her own little bubble.

The only people Chaeyoung had caught Lisa speaking to were BamBam, Seulgi and Jisoo. BamBam was a tall, rather muscular boy, who she knew Lisa had grown up and danced with. They'd trade stories at lunch, and BamBam would walk her to her locker before he'd head to the basement for dance class, where Seulgi would find the Thai, and the two would chat idly while they meandered down go their Functions class. Then there was Jisoo, whom Chaeyoung didn't know much about. Just that she was Lisa's best friend and always carried a bunny journal with herself.

It was hard for Chaeyoung to believe that this Lisa, the quiet, reserved one she saw everyday, was the same Lisa people described as completely fuckin crazy, bro.