{Cookies}

When tensions of a friendlier-than-friendly nature develop between Lisa and Chaeyoung, they handle things the old-fashioned way: In the kitchen. With a food fight.

 It starts with a lingering look. Chaeyoung glances up from her painting to discover Lisa curled on a chair with her cat. The December sun splashes its golden rays through the windows of their dorm, cresting lightacross Lisa's face. And Lisa transforms, too. Her grey-brown waves are set aflame with different shades. Her fair skin glows with golden radiance. And when she meets Chaeyoung's gaze with a lingering look, the brown of her eyes turns into sunbursts of chocolate. Lisa tips her chin toward Chaeyoung.

 "Youre painting." 

But the words are foreign to Roseanne, who is still captivated by her best friend. 

"What?"

"Your painting, Rosie." Lisa's voice punches with urgency. 

"Look."

Chaeyoung breaks the enchantment to glance down at her craftwork. And groans. 

Her hand unconciously still moving, the brush creating uneven strokes across the expensive canvas. Nothing like the artwork she set out to create. She flicks the brush across the room, glaring at the painting. Lisa's laughter fills the silence, frothy and gentle and light. 

"Relax, Chae, It's just one piece of fabric. You'll do better next time."

Chaeyoung's heart flutters. 

---

Chaeyoung's glances spin out of her control. One minute, she's taking notes in Geography class. The next, she's staring at Lisa's lips, plush and pillowy and cradling a pencil, which the younger girl taps against her mouth. 

Roseanne's notebook is out of her control, too. It topples to the floor in a flurry of pages, disrupting the professor's lecture as everyone turns to stare. Lisa's perfect mouth climbs upward into a smirk. And it may be Chaeyoung's imagination, but she swears there's a glint of mischief dancing in her best friend's eyes. Chaeyoung's cheeks burn, and she dips her gaze beneath her lashes.

 It's strange, but soon, Lisa starts carrying Roseanne's books and walking her to classes they don't share. 

They step together through halls decorated for the holidays, and Chaeyoung links her arm with Lisa's, offering her a smile spun from the softest of lip curls. A smile just for Lisa, only for Lisa. 

Lisa glimpses Chaeyoung's smile and her eyes widen. She seems captivated by the curl of Rosie's lips. So captivated that she crashes into a bank of lockers. The blonde checks Lisa's head for bumps. She glides her fingers over Lisa's forehead, her cheekbones, her jaw. Because it's just not possible to know which bit of satin skin was impacted by Lisa's crash into the lockers. Lisa catches Chaeyoung's hand beneath her own. And offers her a smile, too.  A smile crafted from a curl of trembling lips.

 After that, Roseanne senses Lisa's gaze following her wherever she goes. And Lisa begins bumping into trash cans and lockers whenever Roseanne catches her lingering stare. Which is okay. Because it allows Chaeyoung plenty of time to trace her fingers over Lisa's skin, checking for injuries. The touches continue.