16. Working Together

It had been a week since your little breakdown, and Mirio and Tamaki had been nothing but nice about it. They cared for you, helped you with things, listened to your rants, they were just the best.

"So I know you've been trying to get a little more in shape aaaannd I was wondering you wanted to go running with Tamaki and me!" Mirio offered, as he walked down the road with you. Out of all the sports, you despised running the most. It just hurts. It hurts your lungs, your legs, your back, (especially long-distance, yuck) it hurts everything.

"Oh I don't know, I'm not good at running, and I always feel like I'm going to pass out when I finish." You told Mirio.

"Well, what if I say we reward ourselves  with ice cream afterward?" He asked.

You smirked. "Doesn't that defeat the whole point?"

"Well, yes, but it'll be fun! And uh, I'll buy you a tub of extra ice cream too!" He answered.

"Alright, Deal."

Mirio had never found your body to be ugly or disgusting in any way. He saw it as perfect, and he didn't understand why you saw it any other way. He wished he could just show you. He wished he could just tell you. But he knew he couldn't. He still had to wait.

On the positive side though, he could do things like this so Tamaki and he could spend more time with you.

--

"You ready to go?" Mirio questioned as he and Tamaki waited outside your bathroom. "Yeah, I'll be there in a second!"

"It's just this sports bra is super tight." You muttered to yourself, messing with the clasp so it could finally close around your chest.

You exited the bathroom, armored in an (f/c) sports bra with black tights pulled up over your stomach, your (h/c) hair tied back into a ponytail. You shot your arms out, spinning around. "So, what do you guys think?"

Both boy's jaws dropped to the ground. And you called yourself ugly. Your body was beautiful. You were beautiful. You were perfect.

"You're wearing a sports bra?" Was all Mirio could get out. Your face flushed at the comment.

"I don't have any other athletic clothing. And besides, it's super hot outside."

It was only 24 degrees (celcius) outside. But hell, Mirio and Tamaki definitely weren't complaining.

"What? Is something wrong?" You questioned, once again beginning to feel self-conscious about your body, moving to cover it up with your arms.

"No no, it's fine," Mirio said, taking your hands, keeping them from covering yourself. "Let's just go."

And so the three of you were off, going to run through your neighborhood. Mirio promised to only do two miles, which wasn't pretty hard, right?

Wrong.

The first couple of minutes didn't seem that bad, and you thought you were doing pretty well. You even managed to keep up with the boys. You knew they were slowing down for you, but still, you were proud.

About a mile in, you began to feel sick, and your legs grew tired, shaking a little. You wanted to quit. You had forgotten how painful this was but you were now getting reminded. And what made it even better was your ankle beginning to act up again.

You dropped back, letting Tamaki and Mirio get ahead, taking some moments to rest. The two noticed, stopping and turning to face you. "C'mon (y/n), we're almost there."

"I can't. My- my ankle hurts. From that time I sprained it? It's coming back. I think it's swollen." You told them between pants, rubbing at your injured area in attempts to soothe it.

It seemed the more the two had fallen for you, the harder it was for them to say no to you.

With a small grunt, Mirio picked you up gently, carrying you bridal style. You let out a surprised little squeak, your face flushing red, but then you wrapped your arms around him and tucked your face into the crook of his shoulder.

Then, Mirio began running the mile back to your place, Tamaki still right at his side. Even though you were wrapped securely in his arms, you still worried about falling. "Mirio, slow down, you're gonna drop me."

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are." You shot back.

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"If you keep arguing with me, I'm going to throw you over my shoulder, and it'll be even less secure then." He hummed. Sighing, you complied, shutting your mouth. Instead, you giggled to yourself, reaching out to Tamaki who was still running at Mirio's side, taking his hand.

For some reason, you felt a little guilty that you hadn't been paying attention to Tamaki. As if the three of you were in some sort of relationship or something. But you weren't. So why did you feel this way?

Not liking the thoughts coming to your mind, you rolled over in Mirio's arms, snuggling against him until you got back home.

When you did, Mirio carefully put you down on the couch while Tamaki grabbing some ice and putting it into a few plastic baggies, wrapping the bags with towels. He then rested the make-shift ice packs on your swollen ankle, applying a bit of pressure so they would stay in the right place.

"W-would you like some ice cream? Mirio bought it from the store and brought it inside." Tamaki offered, still standing by the freezer.

"Oh, you guys are the best. I love you." Those words caused Mirio and Tamaki to stop for a moment.

"We love you too," Mirio said, placing a kiss on your forehead. You felt some red dust your cheeks. They do know you meant as a friend, right? Oh god, did you just make it weird?

While Mirio was able to carry on, Tamaki was a little different. He froze up as he stood at the refrigerator, your words echoing around in his mind.

She loves us. She loves me.

Tamaki felt like his heart was going to explode. You loved him. You loved him. You loved him. You loved him. And you were never going to leave him.

(A/N: Updating almost everyday? Yuh that's me

Don't forget to comment and vote! Thanks for reading!