4. Family day out

Xavier POV

I heard the others upstairs getting ready to go to the beach. I went back to my room to grab my wallet and house keys because I know what mums like with her keys and leaving the house without locking the door.

When I grabbed my keys and wallet, I looked on my bed to see my cigarettes and a lighter. With a sigh, I shook my head and left my room and went back downstairs.

Once everyone was ready, we went out to the car where I took the keys from my dad.

"I'm driving old man. Me and Finn in the front, you lot in the back." I smirked. My mum and dad just chuckled and got in the car. We have a seven seater car which fits us all in. Usually it's me and Liana in the very back, the twins and Finn in the middle then my mum and dad in the front.

Now it goes the twins in the back, mum, dad and liana in the middle while me and Finn in the front.

Once we got to the beach, parked the car and paid for a ticket for five house know by the girls will want at least two in the water, then another one for lunch then we'll have two more hours in the water again. Or to just sit on the beach. I know my mum will want to tan with Lia while my dad keeps the little ones happy.

We found a space on the sandy beach where my mum and Lia of course started tanning while the twins and my dad raced to the water and started splashing each other.

"Xavier." Finn tapped my leg. I looked down at him and waited for him to continue. "I'm hungry."

"Alright, come on let's go get a snack." I told him. I lifted my little brother up and put him on my shoulders. We got to a shop where I laid for my whole family to have a sandwich and a cold drink until we go for lunch.

Finn also saw a friend from his from school so while he spoke to him, I had no choice but to talk to the mum while she flirted with me thinking I was dad.

"Ma who's Joseph's mum?" I asked her when we got back. Finn happily ate his sandwich next to Lia where she had hers. The others came out of the water to have theirs which they were thankful for because it was their favourites.

"Allison, why?" She frowned.

"She was flirting with me thinking I was dad." I replied. "Calling me Logan and all that and touching my arm. I had to drag Finn away because it was weird."

"Oh really?" My mum looked at my dad.

"What? She stands with me when I pick up Finn. I ignore her because she talks a bunch of shit." He said defensively.

"I don't know dad, sounds a bit suspicious to me." Liana laughed.

"So true. You should see your face." I laughed with my family.

"Now, now kids. I know your dad wouldn't ever cheat on me. He knows what I'd do if he does." My mum smirked darkly at my dad.

"Don't put shit in our daughters heads." My dad shook his head sarcastically. "They won't get boyfriends other wise."

"I thought you didn't want any of our girls having boyfriends." My mum raised an eyebrow.

"They're not. I won't allow it." He stated.

"Yeah, I agree with that." I agreed with my dad.

"See." He said to my mum.

"If the girls want a boyfriend they can have one. It's not up to us. And if it was none of my kids would have a partner. Especially that little shit being a player." She pointed to me.

"Mother." I gasped dramatically and put a hand on my chest. "I'm not a player, I have one night stands. There is a difference." I laughed.

My mum rolled her eyes but she didn't hide the smile on her face. For the rest of the day we all laughed and joked around with one another. We played in the sea for a bit, went for lunch, walked along the beach then went home.

At home I went to my room and sat on my balcony. Smoke came from my lips and the cigarette I had lit up, taking drag after drag of. After a long day of not smoking I was getting desperate and needed it. Hopefully no one comes into my room. Hopefully today will settle my family for a while and I can do whatever and they'll be happy.

I just want to be able to do whatever I want, when I want. It's harder to do anything with Liana, the twins and Finn around. Only if I was an only child or had my own house, or apartment even.

Maybe I can ask my great granddad for a job at his bar. Maybe Nate will be able to give me one. Just maybe.