Lesson 16

Andy's POV:

Monday

"Good morning Mr. Biersack!" A female teacher called out to me as I made my way down the hallway. I gave her a smile and waved in response, causing her and the other female teacher to giggle with each other.

Yeah, I guess some of the teachers have a little crush on me. Maybe it's just for my looks, but I was also really nice and always did my best to give a good impression to the school. I didn't have it easy when I was in school, so I wanted to prove myself to everyone here that I'm not some loser asshole. I adjusted my tie and collar hoping that the bruises on my neck weren't visible. My mind went back to that blurry night and I cleared my throat trying to push those dirty thoughts away from my head.

The first bell rang just as I stepped into the classroom, and the last of my students took their seats. I walked up to the class board picking up the marker and began to write down today's lesson.

"Good morning everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend. Now, we'll begin by taking attendance. Tyler-"

I was interrupted by the classroom door opening and closing. I mentally rolled my eyes before looking over knowing it had to be non other than Ashley Purdy. But when I turned my attention towards the door, I wasn't expecting to see what I saw next. Ashley was standing there alright, but he had his head hanging down and was quiet Usually he would walk  in all smug like
and say something stupid or perverted to me. His usually shiny, fluffed hair was in messy tangles, he had dark circles under his dull brown eyes, and he looked pale. He was wearing a long sleeve shirt which was unnatural for him because he usually liked to show off his star tattoos.

"Mr. Purdy?" I said sternly, trying to sound serious. Ashley shuffled past me going towards his usual spot in the back, but not before muttering an "I'm sorry I'm late." Under his breath. Now I knew something was really wrong. He never apologized for being late.

I watched as he laid his head on his desk, covering his face with his arms. I cleared my throat and decided to continue with class. I'll deal with him later. He looked a wreck, and I don't want to bother him right now.

Later, after the bell rung I dismissed the class except for Ashley who didn't seem to move the entire class. I walked over to the back of the class and tapped his shoulder gently with my finger. He didn't move. Again I tapped his shoulder only a bit harder this time, and he moved around a bit. He lifted his head up and I got a better look at his face. His eye were bloodshot, like he had been crying or something. And I noticed his foundation was thicker than usual, especially around his eyes.

"Ashley? Are you not feeling well?" I asked softly. He didn't respond.

"If you're not feeling well I can send you to the nurse, she can write you a note to go home early." Almost immediately Ashley stood up from his seat, nearly knocking his chair back. He grabbed his bag slinging it over his shoulder before he walked past me towards the door.

"Mind your fucking business Biersack." He growled before walking out the door. I furrowed my brows, realizing how raspy his voice was. It was hoarse, like he had been at a Slipknot concert or something.

I stood in the same spot for a few moments just thinking about what had just happened. This was unusual, unlike Ashley at all. I have never seen him so angry, so full of rage. The more I thought about it, the more I sorta missed his usual perverted nature. I shook the thoughts away, getting ready for the next period to begin.

I'll talk to him later if I see him.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ashley's POV:

"Where the fuck have you been all night you shit!?"